Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Good Afternoon All,

This is my 1st post. I'll try and be as complete in my request as possible.

We have (a charitable housing association in the UK) scenarios where we want to book a meeting, invite others and book a room for a set time defined by the organiser. Another variable the organiser may choose to exercise is if the room has a screen.

The rooms have the capacity of the room in brackets within the name field (not in the column marked capacity - which has been left blank (I'm in Finance not IT))

I am comfortable creating userforms in the VBA builder but not as strong within Macros.

I envisage a macro that operates from either excel or outlook and pops up a userform. The user can enter up to 12 emails (attendees)
, selects if they need a room and or if they require a screen,
selects the duration of the meeting,
selects the minimum and maximum start and finish times (9am and 5pm as a default).

I believe it'd be easier to manage the variables in a separate table saved within the macro ie define each room and it's properties, but ultimately returns the next available space that meets all requirements and gives the option to send the invite with a variable subject line.

The macro should work from any computer. We use Microsoft Outlook Exchange for all calendars and colleagues.

You can see that the "location" field within the below calendar (that has been shared with me) is blank. although it says in the box below ... "When posting to this folder use: IPM.Appointment"

I'd like the macro to be able to saved within either outlook or excel. If outlook isn't open it should open it, if outlook is open it should use that instance.

I hope that's clear enough! Really hope you can help, it'll save days over a year.

upload_2017-5-4_16-48-42.png

upload_2017-5-4_16-14-44.png

not in the column marked capacity - which has been left blank (I'm in Finance not IT))
Don't blame IT for this one. :) That is just an informational field - it's more or less useless as it doesn't prevent anyone from inviting more. The advantage of adding it to the display name is that if you add the calendars to profile as shared calendars, you can see the capacity with little effort.

envisage a macro that operates from either excel or outlook and pops up a userform. The user can enter up to 12 emails (attendees)
, selects if they need a room and or if they require a screen,
selects the duration of the meeting,
selects the minimum and maximum start and finish times (9am and 5pm as a default).

it might be easier and more portable to put it in a sheet - code behind custom forms is picks and needs to be enabled on each computer. With it in Excel, as long as the users can run macros, you won't have a problem.

See Create a drop-down list - Office Support for one way to do a selection. Then you just need a macro to do a lookup and send that information to a new meeting - then the user picks the recipients.

Did you want the macro to pick a room or just present the user with the options to pick a room? This would be the hardest part - it might be easier to do this in outlook because you have the room find to show you if the room is available.

although it says in the box below ... "When posting to this folder use: IPM.Appointment"
That's not a problem - it's the default for all calendars - appointments because meetings when you add addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
B Zoom automatically next email item (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc. Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S set a flag task date as the next weekday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Change default "automatically test account settings when Next is clicked" Using Outlook 1
Connie Boyer Exporting Outlook calendar/find next repeating meeting Using Outlook 3
P How to save sent mail and forward it the next day Exchange Server Administration 3
M what's next after Outlook? Using Outlook 9
S Outlook 2010: Message Rules come back next time I restart Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Need help adding an image next to the Month Name in the header. Using Outlook 1
J Print next 7 days view of calendar (2010) Using Outlook 3
E Next five calendar days Using Outlook 2
P Task view - due next 21 days Using Outlook 1
A Custom form - hitting 'next item' button hangs Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A how to capture events for next item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
W How do I calculate the next recurrence date? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Next Item & Previous Item Events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
F "This action is not available in the current mode" Using Outlook 0
Bri the Tech Guy Registry Tweak to make "Run a Script" Action Available Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Ascar_CT Rule behavior analysis - any tools available? Using Outlook 0
E for Mac: Assign Task not available!? Using Outlook 1
T How to create meeting recurrences that are not available in the appointment screen? Using Outlook 1
M Predefined Outlook Fields not available to add into a BCM record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Newly added user doesn't show up in GAL but available in OWA, Using Outlook 0
T Column Header Keyboard Shortcut Available? Using Outlook 5
J 45 This mail is not currently available (IMAP) Using Outlook 1
C My BCM Database is no longer available to be shared with the Database Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B OWA Calendar Views not available Exchange Server Administration 2
M Windows desktop search not available Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 Antispam Addin Not Available Using Outlook 1
A Are Public Folders Contacts available through activesync for Windows Phone 7, Iphone, etc? Exchange Server Administration 3
K report of Available hours for a team of staff from OUtlook Calenda Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J ModefiedForm page issues 1)retrieving available size of Modifiedfo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this co BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
O using VSTO to get Available Mailboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
C Make Field Available If A Crietria In The Other Field is Selected Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R how to display Bcc if not available? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Event/Meeting in Outlook Does Not Align with SharePoint Calendar Using Outlook 5
A Meeting organizer calendar intermittently drops meeting after delegate sends invite Using Outlook 0
A Meeting organizer calendar intermittently drops meeting after delegate sends invite Exchange Server Administration 0
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2