VBA to Run Font Change on Outlook Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook Rookie

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I need a VBA script that will run a font change macro from the File/Options/Mail/Stationary and Fonts/New Mail/Replying Mail/and Composing functions when I launch Outlook. I can change the fonts as needed, but for now let’s use Courier, Blue, Size 14. Presently I need to do this manually on each log in. The settings stay if I close Outlook but don’t log off. I don’t mind running the macro on each Outlook Launch. I’m using Windows and Office 2013.

I’ve tried the “Hello World” macro and other font change macros but they are limited and not what I need.

Please be detailed as possible in the instructions as I am not an advanced VBA or Outlook user.

Thanks.

OR

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is this a corporate computer with a group policy setting the fonts? That would be the main reason the font changes don't stick. The other reason would be updates waiting to install - make the change right after rebooting then reboot gain.

I'll need to look and see if i have any macros that do this - i have one that changes it on (some) incoming mail but it won't work on new messages.

This sample does it for the selected text - Use Word Macro to Apply Formatting to Email - this could be changed to select all then change the font.

This does something when a new item opens - Use a Default Subject for New Messages - it shouldn't be too hard to change the font here.

Outlook Rookie

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi All:
Can someone please assist me with this?
Thanks,
OR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J VBA Run When Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Creating an outlook session from Access vba but run silently. With A specific profile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O modify vba to run it as script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P How many subs can run in one outlook VBA script Using Outlook 5
G Outlook 2003 VBA Won't Run In Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Gary Brown Outlook 2013 VBA to run a rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
P Vba script including macro appears in rules but wont run Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Outlook 2007 Rules & VBA: How to run a script on a report message (ReportItem) Using Outlook 14
M Run external program from Outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L How do I Run Saved Export in Access 2007 VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
R Limiting length of saved attachment in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Reference Custom Fields with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G VBA Macro Calendar Printing Assistant 3
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Expand VBA Permanent Delete Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
shrydvd vba to secure zip attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Adding Subject to this Link-Saving VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
A VBA Code in Outlook disappears after first use Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Clear Offline Items (Mail Folder) via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
F VBA to ensure a code is entered in Subject title Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4