Run external program from Outlook VBA macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marvin Buzz

I would like to run an external program from within a macro in Outlook VBA.

I need some sample code to get to the program.

Also, is there a way to have an Outlook macro run each time Outlook is

started?

Thanks.
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
1) Depending on the program, the CreateObject function might work for you.

2) See the Application_Startup event.

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:06:01 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:


> I would like to run an external program from within a macro in Outlook


VBA.
> I need some sample code to get to the program.

> Also, is there a way to have an Outlook macro run each time Outlook is
> started?

> Thanks.
 
M

Marvin Buzz

Could you provide a sample please?

"Michael Bauer " wrote:



> 1) Depending on the program, the CreateObject function might work for you.

> 2) See the Application_Startup event.

> > Best regards
> Michael Bauer

> > >

> Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:06:01 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:
>
> > I would like to run an external program from within a macro in Outlook

> VBA.
> > I need some sample code to get to the program.
> > Also, is there a way to have an Outlook macro run each time Outlook is
> > started?
> > Thanks.

>
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
For the Application_Startup there's a sample in the VBA help file.

What program do you try to automate, does it offer an object model (like

Outlook, Word etc.) that you can use?

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:18:02 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:


> Could you provide a sample please?

> "Michael Bauer " wrote:
>
>

>
>> 1) Depending on the program, the CreateObject function might work for


you.
>

>> 2) See the Application_Startup event.
>

>> > > Best regards
> > Michael Bauer
>

>> >> >>

>

>
>> Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:06:01 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:
> >
> >> I would like to run an external program from within a macro in Outlook

> > VBA.
> >> I need some sample code to get to the program.
> >
>>> Also, is there a way to have an Outlook macro run each time Outlook is
> >> started?
> >
>>> Thanks.

> >
 
M

Marvin Buzz

It is a self-written program written in Visual Basic.

"Michael Bauer " wrote:



> For the Application_Startup there's a sample in the VBA help file.

> What program do you try to automate, does it offer an object model (like
> Outlook, Word etc.) that you can use?

> > Best regards
> Michael Bauer

> > >

> Am Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:18:02 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:
>
> > Could you provide a sample please?
> > "Michael Bauer " wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >> 1) Depending on the program, the CreateObject function might work for

> you.
> >
> >> 2) See the Application_Startup event.
> >
> >> > >> Best regards
> >> Michael Bauer
> >
> >> > >> > >>

> >
> >
> >> Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:06:01 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:
> >
> >>> I would like to run an external program from within a macro in Outlook
> >> VBA.
> >>> I need some sample code to get to the program.
> >>
> >>> Also, is there a way to have an Outlook macro run each time Outlook is
> >>> started?
> >>
> >>> Thanks.
> >>

>
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
In VB6 you can have either a COM application with a creatable, public object

(the root object often is called Application), or a standard exe, which can

be launched with the Shell function.

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:48:21 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:


> It is a self-written program written in Visual Basic.

> "Michael Bauer " wrote:
>
>

>
>> For the Application_Startup there's a sample in the VBA help file.
>

>> What program do you try to automate, does it offer an object model (like
> > Outlook, Word etc.) that you can use?
>

>> > > Best regards
> > Michael Bauer
>

>> >> >>

>

>
>> Am Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:18:02 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:
> >
> >> Could you provide a sample please?
> >
>>> "Michael Bauer " wrote:
> >
>>>
>>>
>>>> 1) Depending on the program, the CreateObject function might work for

> > you.
> >>
>>>> 2) See the Application_Startup event.
> >>
>>>> > >>> Best regards
> >>> Michael Bauer
> >>
>>>> >>>> >>>>

> >>
>>>
>>>> Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:06:01 -0700 schrieb Marvin Buzz:
> >>
>>>>> I would like to run an external program from within a macro in Outlook
> >>> VBA.
> >>>> I need some sample code to get to the program.
> >>>
>>>>> Also, is there a way to have an Outlook macro run each time Outlook is
> >>>> started?
> >>>
>>>>> Thanks.
> >>>

> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook Custom Form Scripting only working when clicking on "Run this form" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Y Outlook 2013 Run A Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Outlook 2016 This rule will only run when you check your email in Outlook.... Using Outlook 4
B run scripts Using Outlook 1
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
P errors appear every time I run SCANPST Using Outlook 3
B Outlook rule run a Script doesn't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Bri the Tech Guy Registry Tweak to make "Run a Script" Action Available Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Bri the Tech Guy Run Script rule not running for newly arriving messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
J Custom form code doesn't run Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J VBA Run When Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Vijay Error in rule- Run a script Using Outlook 1
Vijay Run script doesn't work in outlook Using Outlook 1
O VBA to Run Font Change on Outlook Startup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Creating an outlook session from Access vba but run silently. With A specific profile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Run a Script Rule: Send a New Message when a Message Arrives New Slipstick.com Articles 2
Diane Poremsky Using Scanpst in Outlook Click to Run New Slipstick.com Articles 0
oliv- How to Run a Script IN AN ADDIN with Outlook's Rules and Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Run a Script Rule doesn't work Using Outlook 5
B Can't run macro from QAT when emailing from Acrobat Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2010 VBScript editor does not run code at all Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X Outlook script to run excel data Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D How to Run a Report Based on Age of Inbox Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D RUN SCRIPT WHEN OUTLOOK IS CLOSE Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Cannot run script from rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Office 365 Click to run BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O modify vba to run it as script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
P How many subs can run in one outlook VBA script Using Outlook 5
R Outlook won't run except in Safe mode problem Using Outlook 5
K Revert AutoArchive settings via GPO (Run Autoarchive every...) Using Outlook 4
Xueying run a script in rules, first time succeed, failed afterwards Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Outlook 2003 VBA Won't Run In Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Run Rules Now Using Outlook 1
Gary Brown Outlook 2013 VBA to run a rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
P Vba script including macro appears in rules but wont run Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Jeff Rott Diane Question on "Use in a Run a Script Rule" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Is the standalone Outlook 2013 click-to-run or msi? Using Outlook 1
A Uninstall Click and Run Exchange Server Administration 2
Hudas Run Macro when an Email is received Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2007 Rules & VBA: How to run a script on a report message (ReportItem) Using Outlook 14

Similar threads

Top