Status
Not open for further replies.

a1003520

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi
I was trying to build a custom based form in outlook 2013. I got the tutorial on News, Tips, and Advice for Technology Professionals - TechRepublic

I followed the step and was able to add a combobox to the form as well as a VB Script.

But each time i run the form the combobos did populate

And when I run it through the VBA script in outlook, it gave error message: Run-time error 424. Object required.

The VB code is

Sub Item_Open()
Set FormPage = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General")

Set Control = FormPage.Controls("cboDepartment")

Control.PossibleValues = "Administrative;Accounting;IT"

End Sub

Pls any suggestion to correct this message.

The 2nd problem....
I would like to populate the combobox through excel range/ cells. Could anyone suggested how I can run excel in outlook VBA while connecting the excel range to populate the combobox

Thanks

You need to edit the registry to allow script in custom forms.
See Custom Form Security Changes for more information.

The code likely errors in VB Editor because it cant find this object - Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General")

THank Diane
I checked the link but I couldnt really understand what need to be done:

"You can use this sample registry file to add the Outlook 2013 32-bit/Windows 64-bit keys to the registry. Save it as a text file and add your form names to the TrustedFormScriptList key, then save as a reg file and double click to run. "

Below is the TrustedFormScriptList, but where do I save it to and how do i run it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Forms\TrustedFormScriptList]
"IPM.Contact"=""
"IPM.Contact.script-test"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Security]
"DisableCustomFormItemScript"=dword:00000000

paste this into notepad - if the published form is not called script-test, change the name to what you called it

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Forms\TrustedFormScriptList]
"IPM.Contact"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Security]

ok. Now Its getting clearer.
You mean I have to paste the code in notepad, then save it or import the text file to the registry editor?

You can either save it (the stuff in the code window) as a reg file (paste into notepad, save, change the extension to reg) so you can double click to run it. Or browse to that location in the registry editor (creating the keys as needed) and create the values.

Hi Diane
Thanks again. Yes I was able to import the file into the registry successfuly, so there are 3 available file to be run. Each time I try to run each, especially the last one which has the form name, the window ask for value... I left it blank and nothing happened. So what should I fill into the value

Aslo will i run all the three information. (1) Default (2) IPM.Contact (3) IPM.Contact.General

Find attach the screenshot

1539680115739.png

that looks correct - there is no data, only the form name in the name field.

Hi Diane
Well I have decided to build the userform in outlook and just paste it to the outlook email body..
However, I want to PrintScreen the userform and paste in the outlook email body.
The code perfectly works fine when I built it in excel, but did work in outlook vba.
There is a problem with using the Application.Sendkeys in outlook

Can you offer any solution on how to use this command in outlook vba?

Here is my screenshot

1539768665431.png

paste this into notepad - if the published form is not called script-test, change the name to what you called it

Code:

"IPM.Contact"=""

Hi Diane
Just wanna be sure if I did the correct thing.. As per your suggestion.
The name of the form is IPM.Contact.NewContactForm (NewContactForm)
So will I enter the information as

Code:

"IPM.Contact.NewContactFrom"=""
"IPM.Contact.NewContactForm"=""

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.