We're sorry but outlook has run into an error

Donnat

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Does anyone know how to fix this? I am getting it constantly!!
Capture.JPG

It was happening about a year ago and then mysteriously stopped on its own, but now it's back with a vengeance!!! I have done a repair. I disabled all Outlook Add-ins, except the Exchange addin (which I did not think I should disable, can I? Should I?) Word & Excel do not have any add-ins. What else can I do? It's very disruptive and aggravating!! thanks

Donnat

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Yeah, exchange is the only addin you need. Look in Event viewer - see if there are any events listed that might give us a clue.
The only event I see is in Microsoft office Alerts - it’s an informational alert with the error message I am seeing, we’re sorry but......... (I don’t think they’re really sorry!!) I checked all the other logs and do not see anything corresponding to the errors. There is a repeated service control manager error. But I don’t know if that’s related nor do I know what that is.

This error will often occur repeatedly every couple minutes and then goes away for a while. But it never stays away! : (
When it happens I have to close the app (it could happen in any office 365 app) and restart, if I don’t save, anything I’ve typed in will be lost.This has been going on for a long time through many windows updates so I can’t say it’s the version I am running. I have done a repair, I could do another one. I know I’m not the only one who is having this issue, there’s got to be something I can do! As a last resort I guess I can call Microsoft support. Any suggestions here would be welcome. Thank you.

miaturner95

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
IMAP
The only event I see is in Microsoft office Alerts - it’s an informational alert with the error message I am seeing, we’re sorry but......... (I don’t think they’re really sorry!!) I checked all the other logs and do not see anything corresponding to the errors. There is a repeated service control manager error. But I don’t know if that’s related nor do I know what that is.

This error will often occur repeatedly every couple minutes and then goes away for a while. But it never stays away! : (
When it happens I have to close the app (it could happen in any office 365 app) and restart, if I don’t save, anything I’ve typed in will be lost.This has been going on for a long time through many windows updates so I can’t say it’s the version I am running. I have done a repair, I could do another one. I know I’m not the only one who is having this issue, there’s got to be something I can do! As a last resort I guess I can call Microsoft support. Any suggestions here would be welcome. Thank you.
looks like this error has a mind of its own. i tried reinstalling the program and it has been few months that it hasn't showed up

Donnat

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
looks like this error has a mind of its own. i tried reinstalling the program and it has been few months that it hasn't showed up
Yes it does seem that way. Yesterday I was getting the error every few minutes but none so far today. Got to be something that is causing it to show up every so often. I can try reinstall next time.

Donnat

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
I did an online repair of O365. It failed, with some obscure error code about my Internet connection and something else, which was equally meaningless to me. So I did a complete uninstall of O365, using Microsoft uninstall tool. I reinstalled o365. After using word for about two minutes I got the ”sorry” error again! It is not my version of windows, this has been happening a long time, across many different versions, it is not the O365 software on my laptop. What else could it be? It happens when using any of the O365 products.

Donnat

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
I thought I had disabled all Add ins, but when I checked today there are active ones. I think the word ones I can safely delete based on the description. All the XL Add ins are disabled. There are two in outlook that I don’t know if I can delete, actually should I delete them or should they be disabled? I think I prefer to just delete them all if I don’t need them.

The 2 in question in Outlook are - Microsoft Exchange and MIcrosoft VBA for outlook. I looked up the exchange one online and read that it’s only needEd for business or school accounts which mine is not. It’s an old Hotmail account. Can I delete or disable all of these?

also I had read online that I need to open each app and safe mode to delete the addins, but I don’t understand why. is that necessary? Thanks I hope this fixes the issue. I can hardly use O365, as it is crashing every few minutes.