Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrceloni

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
While composing a message, when I start typing an address, I see some auto-complete suggestions, either under Recent people, Suggestions, or Other suggestions. If I want to delete a suggestion from Recent people, I can via Del key or hitting x at the right of the suggestion, but I don't see a way to remove a "suggestion" or "other suggestion." Earlier OL versions used an NK2 "nickname" file that utilities like Nirsoft NK2edit can show and modify, but I understand that OL 2016 can import an .nk2, it now stores auto-complete info elsewhere (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache\Stream_Autocomplete_0_[32 hex digits].dat). I also understand the Outlook Web App maintains a separate auto-complete list, and that some mailboxes (not mine) have a Suggested Contacts folder in the Folder list that's used.

How do I remove bogus "suggestions" and "other suggestions" (from earlier typos?) from my Outlook auto-complete list? (I run OL 2016/365 64bit on Win10 Pro.)

Thank you. *j

James R. Celoni
Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
G print attachment straight away; working script edit not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
S Outlook.com cannot edit some contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B My outlook calendar edit issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Diane Poremsky Edit and Save Outlook's Read-Only Attachments Using Outlook 0
P "Edit Message" feature removed in Outlook 2016 for Mac Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
snissen Where is "Edit Message" in Outlook 2016? Using Outlook 2
P People/Contact Record gets deleted when I edit it? Using Outlook 3
C Edit/Create Pen Not Working Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
X Bulk edit Contact forms Using Outlook 2
A Contact address disappears when opened to edit Using Outlook 5
J Can invitee edit details? Using Outlook 1
R Edit Subject Line of Meeting Invitation? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2013: Cannot Edit default Holiday Calendar Using Outlook 2
V Custom form won't open for edit Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Bulk Edit contact notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Edit Subject for every sent message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Any way to edit the message field on a 2010 Outlook Form? Using Outlook 3
S OL 2010 shortcut to edit received mail Using Outlook 3
A Cannot edit or open existing contact nor add new ones. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Exchange 2010: 'could not save item' and 'Unknown error' when edit calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2003: Cannot edit default Contact Form Using Outlook 11
S how can i edit email address/es from the from field Using Outlook 5
M How to edit a monthly calendar to remove the cover page Using Outlook 1
S How do I edit an attachment in an invite without notifying the attendees? Using Outlook 2
B Notice to user of appt. set by person with permission to edit (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 7
H Edit email message Using Outlook 7
F Text Format Change - Bulk Edit Contact Notes Using Outlook 2
T Unable to edit Distribution Group membership via Outlook (works via ECP). Exchange Server Administration 7
D How do I edit a macro in Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A edit right pane of mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
S Correct way to Identify is Mail is opened in Edit Mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 1