Where is "Edit Message" in Outlook 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snissen

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
(Here's a question that I hope can be answered in the outlook-tips.net newsletter.)

I use Outlook 2010 and 2013 mostly, where I used the Other Actions button "Edit message" command to annotate messages I have received. (For example, to change a subject like "A question for you" to something more specific, to more easily find it again.)

In Outlook 2016, I can still use the "Edit message" command, but it no longer lets me change the Subject, only the message body. Is this ability gone, or have I overlooked something?

It's still there - you need to toggle the header section so it's big. The compact header doesn't support editing - click the caret on the right to expand it.
Editing the Subject Line in Outlook

If you are just editing the header, you don't need to use edit mode - just open the message and type in the subject.

BTW, thanks for the idea - it's been a long time since i posted a tip about editing the header and it's time for an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Changing where data .pst is saved to Using Outlook 3
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
J OUTLOOK 2016 FILE STORAGE WHERE COMMAND Using Outlook 12
C Long List Of Outlook 2016/Outlook.com Bugs // Where To Report? Using Outlook 10
S Views ans Where Settings AreSavd Using Outlook 4
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Where did Evenote come from? Using Outlook 6
tswatek Issue with where Outlook saves new contacts Using Outlook 3
C Where are BCM User Customizations located? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
Mark Foley Where are Outlook categories save for IMAP? Using Outlook 12
T Where did my categorized emails go? Using Outlook 1
H Where to post code in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
P Where are the cached emails stored? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D VBA Script (Ask to where to save send mail) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2013 People Pane - Where is the "Add" button for social networks? Using Outlook 4
J Lost contacts.pst afer sync with iCloud: where has contact.pst disapperaed to? Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2013 contacts - Where to find "Display as"-field Using Outlook 2
J Linking Contacts to a Message Where the Contact isn't an Addressee Using Outlook 1
L How do i choose where i file my sent messages? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Contact Card opens in margin of screen where I can't see it Using Outlook 3
P Where the heck is the data? Using Outlook 10
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
B Can't locate in Outlook custom form where is message from Using Outlook 4
B help: where are outlook2000 email accounts stored Using Outlook 14
Rupert Dragwater Where to find folders in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Where is the BCM SDK?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Where are my emails that I already? Using Outlook 1
G Where are Saved Reports physically stored? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O Where is Launcher, the custom action for Exchange server? Exchange Server Administration 1
J Where is Final Release BCM 2010, Microsoft? Why is Dev Team silent BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Where is RTM version of BCM 2010? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
N Where have all the helpful people gone in this forum? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Custom Fields - Deleting And Where Are They Saved Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
M WHERE without using CASE Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Where to publish my custom form ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Where are User-defined fields stored in BCM 2010 database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E Where is Business Contact Manager?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Where is "administrative groups" Exchange Server Administration 9
D Where does Outlook store signatures? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
K Get folder path where an account stores messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A COM add-in causes Outlook 2007 to periodically crash where it did not in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
1 Where Can I get hold of a copy of Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Where does Outlook 2007 save the default reminder settings? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1