Changing where data .pst is saved to

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
In Outlook 2010 In account settings if I change the location where Outlook saves all new messages on the email tab, does that also change the location of the .pst in the data tab to the same location I changed it to?

The reason I ask is I use a program called GoodSync to copy my main storage drive ( D drive ) to 2 other drives so I always have 3 exact copies of what is in my main storage drive ( not my C drive )

The reason I need to know this is I want to change the location on the account settings email tab to my main storage drive. This way when I run my GoodSync I will be making a copy of the current .pst file so I always have copies of the most current .pst file.

while waiting for a reply I found Diane's tutorial on how to move a .pst and I was able to move it and when I ran my GoodSync and the .pst was copied to the other 2 drives. So I accomplished what i was trying to do.

I spoke too soon, it seemed to work when I moved the .pst file and then ran my backup software. when I opened Outlook 2010 again I noticed that the send and receive that I added to the home ribbon wasn't there. so I clicked on the send & receive tab and when I clicked it it said it couldn't access the data file???

So I moved the .pst back to the default location and now when I opened Outlook the Send & receive was back on the home tab and everything is working fine.

I guess I will have to figure out a different way for my backup software to make a copy of the .pst to my other drives.

Move it again... then open the Account settings, select the pop account then Change folder button. Select a folder other than the inbox, preferably in a different data file and click Ok then go back in and change it to he inbox it should be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
K Changing the Deleted Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2021 Can anyone explain why my Outlook views keep changing?! Using Outlook 2
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Changing Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Pop Server Changing Verizon/Aol to Yahoo Using Outlook 6
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
P Changing the font that the task view shows Using Outlook 5
S Changing colors of today's appointments, but not recurring ones Using Outlook 33
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
N Rule for "on behalf of" - with changing names Using Outlook 2
O Save attachments using hotkey without changing attributes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
Gary Hile Outlook 2016 changing editor options Using Outlook 6
J Outlook Rules - Changing auto-submit address in multiple rules, according to rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Problems syncing emails with webmail after changing to Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Changing default Mail Account in Outlook 2016 - POP3 Using Outlook 1
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
Stephen Weinberg Changing the mailing address checkbox Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2013 changing iCloud reminder time? Using Outlook 0
C Changing the name of Outlook Messages saved to a folder Using Outlook 1
A Outlook.com changing appointments Using Outlook 8
B Changing CC list to .add Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Changing the Message Size in Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
R changing FW: on forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B changing Win7 default backup schedule for Previous Versions Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Changing the default *.pst and *.ost sizes Using Outlook 0
P Message Class keeps changing back to IPM.Contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Macro to send email after changing from address and adding signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Changing Outlook.com color schemes Using Outlook 0
R Outlook calendar appointments Free/Busy time is changing from "Busy" to "Free" Using Outlook 2
W Changing looks of emails in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 0
L Office 365 Outlook changing default contact folder Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Changing the From Domain in Office 365 Using Outlook 0
R The changing way to access information in Office 365 Using Outlook 0
N Creating or changing the main new mail message template in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T issue changing [Type] in dbo.ContactMainTable/ contacts seem to be deleted BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
William Yeack Outlook/Exchange - Changing display of “From” user Using Outlook 3
divan VbaProject: Changing email format Using Outlook 15
C Changing Domain -- Assigned To User field Migration? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME Using Outlook 0