Any way to edit the message field on a 2010 Outlook Form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedmo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I created a form and saved it as a template. I need to be able to attach files to the form, and it seems like the only way to do that is to have a "message" field. When I created the form I used the message field and it has my signature. Well, it turns out I'll need different users to access the form, so I don't really want my signature on it, but I can't delete the signature out of the message field (when I click on "design this form" to edit it).

So I guess there's 2 questions - besides having a message field in a form, how else do I enable the ability to attach a file to a form?

Or, if the only way is to have attachment is to have a message field, how can I edit that message field so it doesn't have my signature? I'm stumped....and I really don't wan't to start over in designing the form. Any ideas? I'm using Outlook 2010.

Thanks!

When you open a new form, before going in to customize it, delete your signature. That should solve your problem. AFAIK, you will need the messages field and AFAIK, you can't tell outlook not to add the signature field.

When you open a new form, before going in to customize it, delete your signature. That should solve your problem. AFAIK, you will need the messages field and AFAIK, you can't tell outlook not to add the signature field.

Thank you Diane! A simple solution it turns out. I was always trying to customize it first, but deleting the sig before I customized worked like a charm.

Everyone does it that way - for whatever reason, its second nature to open the form for editing before thinking about the signature. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P "Edit Message" feature removed in Outlook 2016 for Mac Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
snissen Where is "Edit Message" in Outlook 2016? Using Outlook 2
P Edit Subject for every sent message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H Edit email message Using Outlook 7
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
G print attachment straight away; working script edit not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
S Outlook.com cannot edit some contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B My outlook calendar edit issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Diane Poremsky Edit and Save Outlook's Read-Only Attachments Using Outlook 0
P People/Contact Record gets deleted when I edit it? Using Outlook 3
C Edit/Create Pen Not Working Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
X Bulk edit Contact forms Using Outlook 2
A Contact address disappears when opened to edit Using Outlook 5
J Can invitee edit details? Using Outlook 1
R Edit Subject Line of Meeting Invitation? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2013: Cannot Edit default Holiday Calendar Using Outlook 2
V Custom form won't open for edit Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Bulk Edit contact notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S OL 2010 shortcut to edit received mail Using Outlook 3
A Cannot edit or open existing contact nor add new ones. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Exchange 2010: 'could not save item' and 'Unknown error' when edit calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2003: Cannot edit default Contact Form Using Outlook 11
S how can i edit email address/es from the from field Using Outlook 5
M How to edit a monthly calendar to remove the cover page Using Outlook 1
S How do I edit an attachment in an invite without notifying the attendees? Using Outlook 2
B Notice to user of appt. set by person with permission to edit (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 7
F Text Format Change - Bulk Edit Contact Notes Using Outlook 2
T Unable to edit Distribution Group membership via Outlook (works via ECP). Exchange Server Administration 7
D How do I edit a macro in Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A edit right pane of mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
S Correct way to Identify is Mail is opened in Edit Mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3