O365 - How to control whether my From name shows as "Dicky".

Status
Not open for further replies.

glnz

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
I have "Microsoft 365" Home 64-bit (formerly "Office 365") on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit machine. I am setting up its Outlook now to connect to my three or four existing email accounts. All POP3 with "Leave a copy of message on the server". So far, so good. However ...

For some reason, the shortcut name for one of my email accounts is similar to "Dicky" and this seems to be the name that is shown when I send from that account. I would prefer it to show only the full email address, like "RNixon@KeyBiscayne.com". (All names here are fake.)

How can I control this?

Thanks.

Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings to open the Account Settings dialog. Double click on the account - the Your name field is what people see as the display name when you send mail. Account name is what you see if the From field when you are composing and also in the name column in the Account Setting dialog.

2020-09-03_14-59-29-0000.gif

Thanks for the topic. Get the best in my assignment from highly qualified and experienced experts write for me. Our professional and educated teachers are fluent in writing assignments, as they received their degrees from leading universities in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 MSI - Possible to make work with O365 modern Auth & Win7? Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
bmtjedi Set objApp = Application Not Working in O365-32bit Using Outlook 1
L Outlook/O365 "sent on behalf" behaviour Exchange Server Administration 1
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
F "Move to" O365 feature to Outlook client via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
C Pulling out my hair (O365/2016) Using Outlook 4
S Customizing Connected Services in Office 2013 Pro Plus (O365) Using Outlook 1
M Reply Macro using O365 Connected Account Using Outlook 2
R Script for simplifying spam control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Outlook Office 365 Win 10 how do I control background colors of events? Using Outlook 1
D font control by keyboard Using Outlook 2
U HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Just had to reinstall window 10 then Office and forgot how to control fonts sizes Using Outlook 3
J Control Panel Mail (settings) icon missing Using Outlook 2
B outlook view control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Error Opening Outlook and Control Panel's Mail Applet Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2013: Control Panel Mail Won't Open Using Outlook 0
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Control ID for Outlook 2013 “Recover Deleted Items From Server” Using Outlook 0
Richer Fortin Control parameters in Social connectors Using Outlook 1
A Out of control Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2010 custom form olk control font size increases everytime form is published Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V iCloud Control Panel v3.x Released Using Outlook 2
L Contact Form - Recipient Control Field Using Outlook 2
M Custom Contact form queries (date control & contact/calender linking) Using Outlook 1
D iCLoud Control Panel 2.1 Using Outlook 3
D iCloud Control Panel -- 1 vs 2 Using Outlook 1
B Font for Tab Page in Mutipage Control Using Outlook 1
D Mail in Control Panel Won't Launch Exchange Server Administration 5
W inserting activeX/user control into form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2010 sets own User-Agent in webbrowser control traffic Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Using Group Policy to control Outlook security/attachments behaviour Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Ribbon Control questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A Contact form looks quite different after adding a new control? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Help creating custom Contacts form - what type is 'Email' control? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Drag and Drop Outlook mails into a Windows Form Control with eml extension Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Accessing a control on a frame in Outlook with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Custom Task Form - Reminder Control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook View Control SaveAs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1