HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

untwilight

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have been extensively using tasks in Outlook for years and typically have been using different Views, recently I have been using an HTML page inside Outlook to give some different combined views, like putting tasks in an Eisenhauser Matrix.

This seems to be working pretty well; however, I would like to have different view's used in each of the "cards" rather than the view used in the last state I left the task folder in. ie if I left the folder in Detailed View I want it to show the Simple List (where I have added filters columns, and groupings) not Detailed View.

I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of hours now to no avail. I hope someone may have the answer to help on this.
Thanks

<div class="col-md-4 col-xs-3 bg-danger">
<h4>CRITICAL NOW</h4>
<h6>URGENT AND IMPORTANT - Must-Do-Today </h6>
<OBJECT classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
id=ViewCtlFolder style="width:100%;height: 24em;">
<param name="Namespace" value="MAPI">
<param name="Folder" value="Tasks">
<param name ="View" value="Simple List">
<param name="Restriction" value="[Priority] = 'High' and [Schedule+ Priority] >'0' ">
<param name="DeferUpdate" value="0">
</OBJECT>
</div>

It's been a long time since i worked with the view control (they neutered it in the name of security, making it less useful)... according to the title of a link at Using the Outlook View Control there is an issue with the view getting reset, but the kb article it links to was removed so i can't tell if it applies to this situation and i don't recall if there is a solution.

You could use vba to reset the view on task every time you open the task folder.

Thanks Diane. Oddly enough when I change the deferupdate value to 1, it allows the different view (columns) like I want but I get no data.

While not optimum I am thinking a great work around would be to create a couple of virtual search folder similar to the To-Do which I can leverage as the results are persisted in that folder. Is there a way to replicate the to-do folder (similar to creating search folders in messages?)

To the best of my knowledge, no you cant replicate the to-do list, although it is just a search folder, so you could use instant search. However, it is not persistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Html text in Task Item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook 365 html inline images Using Outlook 0
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Custom form with html hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Emails Configured As HTML But Sent As Plain Text Using Outlook 13
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
George Simpson "Switch to HTML" in Outlook 2016 notes field Using Outlook 1
H Search and delete part of a link inside HTML body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2013 doesn't download html messages Using Outlook 0
A How can I load a HTML template into the WordEditor? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
cabinet guy permanent response in html Using Outlook 1
C Signatures in HTML emails Using Outlook 5
I Outlook 2013 Appointments not in HTML Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
B Replies never HTML Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2002: HTML Emails Will Not Print: Please Help Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook crashes when viewing HTML Messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a New Message using an HTML File or Stationery Using Outlook 0
V incorrect html signature printed Using Outlook 2
Z alter the timeout for how long outlook looks for a content-server on an HTML-email? Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Create a New Message using an HTML File or Stationery Using Outlook 0
Y HTML Emails Using Outlook 1
A Lync meeting in outlook lose HTML formatting Using Outlook 3
C Outllok 2010 (14.0.7015.1000 (32bit) converts html mail to rich text when move Using Outlook 1
T HTML email for internal mesages and Text only for External? Using Outlook 1
C In need of VBA code to read / parse HTML - Outlook emails Using Outlook 0
M Unable to read HTML Using Outlook 2
V Name of attachment in replies (HTML) - possible?? Using Outlook 12
A BCM 2010 converts html e-mails to plain text BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Saving outlook emails in html and attachments Using Outlook 4
T Forcing HTML for replies in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
M HTML mails apprearing broken in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
T Html tags in Message body Using Outlook 1
R OL2010; How to ALWAYS Reply/Forward using HTML? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook is not parsing html email, unreadable and attachment not decoded Using Outlook 1
A Calendar to Web HTML - Multiple Files Using Outlook 1
S HTML Contents of an email Jumbled in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 5
F "MSG" type attachments are stripped away when senand previewed with HTML tags. Using Outlook 3
C Save as HTML for multiple emails Using Outlook 1
G No word wrap in HTML email. Using Outlook 8