Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book?

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Posted this some time ago but received no responses:-

I have two accounts in my Outlook profile, and both have a 'Contacts' folder. They are easily distinguishable in Outlook itself (desktop version) were the email address is appended to the folder name,, but when using an external app (Ring Central to be exact) the name of the Address Book is used , which of course is 'Contacts' in both cases. I have tried to rename the Contacts' Address Book (not the folder) in the folder properties but the change does not 'stick' and it reverts to 'Contacts'. Is it simply not possible to do this and do I need to create a subfolder within 'Contacts' to which I can give a distinct address book name?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Inbox Sub-Folder - Web Using Outlook 1
G how can Apply User-defined Field to all Sub Folder and Other Using Outlook 14
D Monitor any changes to a sub-folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D How do I mail-enable a Public Folder Sub-folder in exchnage 2007 using shell ? Exchange Server Administration 0
J Incoming emails going to wrong sub-folder Using Outlook 4
D User cannot move email messages within Outlook Inbox folder and sub-folders. Using Outlook 0
A A Sync Issues folder with a Local failures sub folder suddenly appeared this morning in the All Mail Using Outlook 2
H create selectable sub groups within contacts folder. Using Outlook 2
C Can't remove duplicate Outlook Daily folder (and sub folders) Using Outlook 1
R Auto create of an Outlook distribution list from a Contacts sub-folder Using Outlook 3
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
R Call a Public Sub when a Flag is clicked on in the Message Preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Calling a Public sub-routine from the script editor via VB script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Set columns for all (sub)folders Using Outlook 8
F VBA routine to write new sub routine in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Display sub-folders in body of outlook Using Outlook 1
D Sub folders of my Inbox collapsing Using Outlook 0
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
W Shared inbox sub folders not visible when moved Using Outlook 3
G Creating Contact Sub Folders Using Outlook 2
B Sub Calendar-Color Coding Issue Using Outlook 4
T Missing sub-contact folders (distribution lists) Using Outlook 3
A Can i apply mail rules to inbox sub folders using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Categories - Sub Catergories Using Outlook 6
R Private Sub Application_ItemSend() -Cannot make this code work in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
A How to move responded emaisl automatically to sub folders in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
T Unable to download e-mail sub account in OL 2010. No probs with Mailwasher Using Outlook 6
T Make sub folders of inbox appear BOLD when new mail arrives Using Outlook 10
R How to backup sub-folders within .pst Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2003 unable to see sub-contacts Using Outlook 1
D Sub folders missing from inbox after migration of pst to new computer. Using Outlook 5
C Installing Exchange 2010 SP1 in a Sub domain... Exchange Server Administration 5
R Outlook 2003 folders and sub folders Using Outlook 2
E Outlook 2010 - Security problem: Conversation View includes other people's e-mails with the same sub Using Outlook 3
R Sub Folders Using Outlook 1
C OL Sub through or by Excel Macro Call Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G bcm 2007 sub folders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C VBA to prompt for Sent folder destination Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
M Move to Folder Using Outlook 1
K Export Folder to PST Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
A Going to folder using shortcuts Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Auto-archive creates new folder Using Outlook 4
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2