Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Posted this some time ago but received no responses:-

I have two accounts in my Outlook profile, and both have a 'Contacts' folder. They are easily distinguishable in Outlook itself (desktop version) were the email address is appended to the folder name,, but when using an external app (Ring Central to be exact) the name of the Address Book is used , which of course is 'Contacts' in both cases. I have tried to rename the Contacts' Address Book (not the folder) in the folder properties but the change does not 'stick' and it reverts to 'Contacts'. Is it simply not possible to do this and do I need to create a subfolder within 'Contacts' to which I can give a distinct address book name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Inbox Sub-Folder - Web Using Outlook 1
G how can Apply User-defined Field to all Sub Folder and Other Using Outlook 14
D Monitor any changes to a sub-folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D How do I mail-enable a Public Folder Sub-folder in exchnage 2007 using shell ? Exchange Server Administration 0
J Incoming emails going to wrong sub-folder Using Outlook 4
D User cannot move email messages within Outlook Inbox folder and sub-folders. Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
S Leaving ActiveExplorer open for editing after Sub is done Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
R Call a Public Sub when a Flag is clicked on in the Message Preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Calling a Public sub-routine from the script editor via VB script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Set columns for all (sub)folders Using Outlook 8
F VBA routine to write new sub routine in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Display sub-folders in body of outlook Using Outlook 1
D Sub folders of my Inbox collapsing Using Outlook 0
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
W Shared inbox sub folders not visible when moved Using Outlook 3
G Creating Contact Sub Folders Using Outlook 2
B Sub Calendar-Color Coding Issue Using Outlook 4
T Missing sub-contact folders (distribution lists) Using Outlook 3
A Can i apply mail rules to inbox sub folders using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Categories - Sub Catergories Using Outlook 6
R Private Sub Application_ItemSend() -Cannot make this code work in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
A How to move responded emaisl automatically to sub folders in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
T Unable to download e-mail sub account in OL 2010. No probs with Mailwasher Using Outlook 6
T Make sub folders of inbox appear BOLD when new mail arrives Using Outlook 10
C OL Sub through or by Excel Macro Call Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G bcm 2007 sub folders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0