Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisJohn

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have Office 365 Home Premium and an account with Microsoft Exchange to manage my personal domain for email. When I start to type a person's name in the To: field the suggestion shows my name instead of the correct person for a specific email address. I have attached picture showing this with the email addresses disguised for displaying in a public forum. You will see that the first entry shows "WC" then my name Chris Willsher and underneath that my sister's email address. If I select that then it populates the To: field with Chris Willsher<elizabeth.willsherxxxxx@btinternet.com>

As you will see my own name appears correctly against the same initials further down the list.

I have other examples where it shows my son's name and someone else's email address.

I have tried deleting the Autocomplete entry individually, tried clearing the whole Autocomplete cache but nothing works. The wrong entry returns as soon as I start using the email address again. The correct details are in the Outlook Contact folder. Surely these Autocomplete entries must be stored somewhere so why can't we find them and edit them?

This issue has been driving me mad for quite a while now so any guidance would be very much appreciated.

outlook suggestions.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Outlook.com autocomplete list invaded by strange items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
Michael Durthaler Outlook 2013 Autocomplete File Is Infected Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Limit Using Outlook 3
O Add please, Outlook Autocomplete working per account in multi profile ! Outlook Wishlist 5
Z Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts” to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
V Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Outlook 7
N Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete Using Outlook 0
S Autocomplete entries wiped out when I exit Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 12
R Help migrating Autocomplete contacts, from Outlook 2003 to windows live mail. Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 - AutoComplete not working properly Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010. Autocomplete expired or what? Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Name Rather Than Email Address Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 autocomplete clears the cache when exiting Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 Autocomplete not working Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 2010 stopped retaining address autocomplete data Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2010 autocomplete not retaining data Using Outlook 13
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 5
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2007 on 365 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
J How do I disable advertising in Outlook 2019? Using Outlook 13
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0