Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevyoung

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Hi

Autocomplete is OK but when resolving a name in the To: field, Outlook first looks in the autocomplete .NK2 file and then it looks in the address book. This results in it using an address that it captures in an email, and insists that I use it and not the other address in my address book which I prefer to use for that person.

Any address that is used when I send an email, is also captured in the NK2 file, so.......
- if I delete the NK2 file, and without receiving an email from this particular person, the email address used will be that in the address book.

And then - if I delete the NK2 file and then receive an email from this person, the chosen email address thereafter is that in the NK2 file - the address I do NOT want. The address I want to use which is in my address book, is not even given as an option.

It is only after I have actually chosen the desired address in the address book once, that the desired address will thereafter appear as an option - but then as the 2nd option.

In essence, Outlook looks for addresses in the NK2 file before it looks in the address book.

Is there a way that I can tell Outlook that addresses in the address book are the preferred address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Should be easy: Outlook 2007, can the order of accounts listed under 'All Mail Items' be changed, and if so, how to do it? Using Outlook 2
C outlook should organize my incoming mails into seperate folders that are set up Using Outlook 1
E How to diagnose and repair Outlook 2007?__Tabs and buttons on Ribbon inoperative; should be active. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Web Access could not establish a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection to the Microsoft Exchange Client Access server that should be used to a Using Outlook 1
F What should I do when ScanPst.exe does not repair my outlook.pst? Using Outlook 2
O Third-party VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook 2007: what should I signwith a publisher certificate? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Hi, Ken, What should be noticed to avoid memory leak in outlook addin? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 3
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2016 Outlook, Chrome, and Clio Using Outlook 5
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 2
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3
T Pictures degrade each time an Outlook item is edited and re-saved Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0