• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Connected accounts mail moved to trash?

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am connecting all of my other email accounts so that way I don't have to have a ton of email accounts inside of OL 2016.

I set my AOL address up and all of the email that it picked up moved to the trash folder.... Why did that happen?

Untitled.png

PS, can I mark those emails as spam? Or would exchange mark my whole AOL account as spam?

Thanks,
Chris

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
AHH... I see.. Thanks

PS, can I mark those emails as spam? Or would exchange mark my whole AOL account as spam?

Thanks,
Chris

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
using the mark as junk feature? it depends on what the from address is. If you are using the Office 365 addin to report spam, it's hard to say...

(did we lose a message in this thread? )

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
using the mark as junk feature? it depends on what the from address is. If you are using the Office 365 addin to report spam, it's hard to say...

(did we lose a message in this thread? )
Yes we lost a reply some how..... I got the email, but when I clicked the link, the message wasn't there...

Oh so then I should figure out how to disable OWA / Exchange spam filter. I don't want Exchange marking the whole account as spam.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I can't even find the message in my inbox or deleted items, it is so weird. That was the message that had a link that refenced a page about deleting pop mail moved items into deleted items, correct?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh so then I should figure out how to disable OWA / Exchange spam filter.
Go into the exchange admin center and customize the spam settings. I'm not sure if you can whitelist mail sent to that address (you can try)

1524863077280.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I can't even find the message in my inbox or deleted items, it is so weird. That was the message that had a link that refenced a page about deleting pop mail moved items into deleted items, correct?
Correct:

1.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
thanks. i'll see if i can recover it from the backups and restore it.
Okay, I added my addresses to my allow list.

When, I was using pop 3 with my other provider... I was using SPAM BAYES plug in for OL and I was pretty satisfied with it.

I also set the international spam filter too, except English.

1.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
i think the office 365 filter is good but i do recommend enabling quarantine because sometimes it goes a little overboard.
i think the office 365 filter is good but i do recommend enabling quarantine because sometimes it goes a little overboard.
What does Quarantine do?

Well, I don't want o365 marking emails from other accounts as junk even if their junk. I am hoping since I white listed the accounts it wont. But, what am I going to do if I get junk mail from those other accounts?

at least spam bayes doesn't use server based filtering so everything is checked for spam just on my side when I launch OL

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What does Quarantine do?
it is like a server-based junk mail folder - things that match the filter is kept on the server and you'll get an email once a day with a list of messages. if any aren't spam, you can release them and also report them as not spam. They are held for 14 days them microsoft deleted them.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it is like a server-based junk mail folder - things that match the filter is kept on the server and you'll get an email once a day with a list of messages. if any aren't spam, you can release them and also report them as not spam. They are held for 14 days them microsoft deleted them.
Interesting.. it's kinda like when I used pobox.com. I would get an email letting me know if any junk was caught..... And then I could log into the control panel and go look through it and see what's junk and what's not. And release what's good and delete what's junk.

Is that what you use? I opened OL 16 and turned the spam filter off. I don't want Exchange marking my other accounts as junk.

Heck, I could just set each one up separate in OL... Its kinda a pain, but if it's what I have to do.... But, I will give the quarantine option a try first...

You'd think OL would only have 1 junk mail filter list. But nope, each account has its own safe list, block list, etc.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, it works more or less like that- but you can have microsoft send you an email with a list of messages - you can also log in and look at the raw text, but i find seeing the sender address is enough to know if it should be released.

Adding the addresses to the safe list in the spam filter settings didn't help with your forwarded accounts? Oh, are you forwarding from the accounts or did you set them up as connected accounts in OWA? Connected accounts should bypass the spam filter.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, it works more or less like that- but you can have microsoft send you an email with a list of messages - you can also log in and look at the raw text, but i find seeing the sender address is enough to know if it should be released.

Adding the addresses to the safe list in the spam filter settings didn't help with your forwarded accounts? Oh, are you forwarding from the accounts or did you set them up as connected accounts in OWA? Connected accounts should bypass the spam filter.
Connected.

Oh man, if connected bypasses the spam filter, what can I do about spam from those accounts?
Since I cant move the emails to Exchanges spam folder without marking my whole connected accounts as spam?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'll have to test it with a connected account - but the outlook client side filter should get it, instead of the transport filter (the settings in the admin screens). The transport filter is better IMHO, but if it filters all of your forwarded mail as spam then its not usable.