Profiles and accounts and PSTs and OSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cara

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I've been having TONS of problems with indexing and searching in OL 2013, lately, so I bit the bullet and subscribed to Office 365, and downloaded Outlook 365 tonight. I let Outlook's auto account set up guide me through setting up my accounts, but noticed that I still had issues with the searching. So I moved all of the OST files I had out of C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.

I used Control Panel > User Accounts and noticed that I have two Mail setup programs there now: Mail (Microsoft Outlook ) (32-bit) and Mail. Since I just installed the 64-bit version of Office, I figured that the Mail one must be a new one. I went into both and deleted any profiles (don't remember which held the profile, but there was at least one called "Outlook"). Then I went into Mail and created one called Outlook365. I went through the pain of manually re-adding all of my many email accounts (too many - that's why i don't want to have to keep working on this!).

HOWEVER, when I start up Outlook, now, I don't see that new profile. I am prompted only to create a new one, called Outlook.

How can I open the profile Outlook365? I tried command line outlook.exe /profile Outlook365. It started updating office, and then failed.

I guess I had some free Office apps, plus some holdover installation files from an install I was able to do via work (Education), plus my 2013 installation, and everything was just confused. I used the Office "cleanup" tool to deinstall everything, and installed from my Office 365 account, and I think indexing may be working a little better. Still doesn't find everything from all folders like Outlook 2013 was able to do (until my recent indexing problems). Would love to see if anything in the "unified inbox" VBA code from Diane needs any updating for Office 365.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Outlook Profiles becoming corrupted Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2013 - profiles Using Outlook 3
T Outlook.com and Comcast.net profiles Using Outlook 12
O Multiple Exchnage profiles simultaneously and hovering pop-up contact card ! Using Outlook 17
G Automatically Detach PST's From Exchange Profiles Exchange Server Administration 2
B Consolidating more than one Outlook profiles Using Outlook 1
S Issues syncing with MS Outlook 2007 with 2 profiles Using Outlook 1
T Problems when using different profiles. Exchange+IMAP Using Outlook 3
O two profiles send/receive from different servers Using Outlook 1
A No profiles created problem in outlook after clicking outlook icon Using Outlook 0
M Profiles and Data files messed up for IMAP - Gmail Using Outlook 1
L Two different businesses can we set up two profiles in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Q Automate Outlook profiles for imaging Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
Retired Geek Outlook for the MAC with Yahoo accounts now very broken Using Outlook 9
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 365 2 Microsoft Accounts? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
O Remove duplicates within two accounts Using Outlook 2
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
T why are the calendar icons different for different accounts Using Outlook 2
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
A Microsoft Personal vs Work Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
O How to apply view settings on all accounts and folders Using Outlook 7
R Deleting Synchronisation of Old Accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Import accounts\files Using Outlook 1
CWM030 Connected accounts mail moved to trash? Exchange Server Administration 16
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
L How to use different fonts for outgoing messages for different email accounts Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7