How to apply view settings on all accounts and folders

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Today changed to IMAP (used good old POP3).
A result is that all settings are gone. Within each and every mailbox the columns are defaulted, preview is enabled, etc.
And of course tasks are gone, rules are gone.

Is there a way to apply view settings overall?
Or, hopefully, at least for all folders within one account.

MS_Outlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hello,

It looks like you are reconfigured your email account as IMAP which is totally different protocol when compared to POP3. Not possible to get the settings back in new setup. You may have to manually redo the settings in new setup.

Taking backup is always preferred in these kind of scenarios. Here is the link which may help: Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file

Thanks,

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have no problem setting view a few times, but with a number of accounts with a number of folders each account, it is boring to change it for each and every folder...
Probably that is how Outlook works: just 'set and apply to all folders' is too easy, you have to do it the hard way, with hundreds of clicks...
Regretfully so.

MS_Outlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I have no problem setting view a few times, but with a number of accounts with a number of folders each account, it is boring to change it for each and every folder...
Probably that is how Outlook works: just 'set and apply to all folders' is too easy, you have to do it the hard way, with hundreds of clicks...
Regretfully so.
Yes, this is how Outlook is by design. Set and Apply to folders still works for you.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Solution:
1. go into view, select columns you wish
2. then (in view) left hand top corner, click on"Change View", then "Apply view to other mail folders"

SnagIt-22122018 051527.png

JoJo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Goodness. First, I spent 4 hours (FOUR HOURS) on the phone with Microsoft Support 2 days ago, trying to get them to help me because I couldn't get the VB editor to open in Outlook 365 desktop. They transferred me back and forth (some didn't even know what VB is!) and eventually told me I'd have to pay them $500 to open a help ticket. I hung up, more frustrated than I can put into words.

Then my husband wandered in & figured it out in 10 seconds (my WhatsApp was blocking it; solution: turn off WhatsApp & open Outlook, then turn WhatsApp back on--at least until I figure out how to add it as an exception in WhatsApp). (Sidenote: I'd love to call MS and offer them the solution--for $500!)

Then I set out trying to figure out how the heck to write a macro for Outlook to set a particular email folder view to all my other email folders (the whole reason I was doing all of this)--my experience with VBA programming has been limited mainly to Word and some Excel, and even then, it's been years. (At one point, I had the most popular "VBA code samples" page on Google! But this was 20 years ago.) So, I purchased a book from Amazon. I went online to MS's site and found the Outlook objects and so on. And there I sat. I have absolutely no familiarity with Outlook objects and I had no idea where to start.

Yesterday evening, a friend told me about this forum. I came here and BAM! Here's the answer. I didn't even need to write a macro. Just did the above (apply view to other folders). Cripes. All this angst for nothing (except that it got me interested in doing more VBA programming, which I always enjoyed)!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

misha

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Ithink its hijacking alt+f11