How to show concatenated categories in list task view?

bkper087

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is there a way to sort Tasks by Category in a table view, but concatenate the Category if there is more than one? I have tried creating a custom field using [Category]&" "&[Category] but that doesn't show the second (or third or fourth, etc) category. This would be SUPER helpful if I could figure this out. I've honestly been trying for YEARS! You could be my savior....

Check the attached image for a screen shot.

What it currently shows looks like this: "Category 1"
What I want it to show would look like this when grouped by category under Category 1: "Category 1; Category 2"

In other words - list the category it is grouped underneath first, but also list where it appears in other categories

Outlook.jpg

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Since a custom field doesn't work when you group by categories, you'll need to use a macro to write the category field to a new field..

This has the general idea - but you'd need to run it after updating categories.

bkper087

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am familiar in general with VBA but most of my experience is in Access. I played with it a little, but if I am following the example code you linked to it is designed for a single line edit.

I am really looking for this to display for all tasks grouped under each category. Not just a single one at a time. Can this work? Sorry, having difficulty translating the example into what I am going for.