Not open for further replies.

Martull

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hello,

Here is the scenario.
  • We have a corporate signature that it is forced when a new/replay email es written.
  • The user can NOT edit the signature.
  • This configuration is loaded trough a PowerShell on Windows log on (source 1 and 2)
  • Some of our employees have a secondary email account from a customer's domain (it can be customer A, customer B, etc.)
  • They require a new signature for those domains.
We would like the signatures to be linked to the email account been used, while not letting the user edit the signatures

I have been able to accomplish most of it.
  1. I can link an account with the signature, but the users can edit them (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\0000000*)
  2. Or I can grey out the signatures, so the users can not edit them, but all new/replay emails will have our company's signature, even when they use a customer's domain account. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\MailSettings )
I do not know if it is possible to accomplish. I have read many articles and forums and, as far as I know, the answer was NO over two years ago as I read a response from Diane here.

Is it possible to do it somehow today?

Thank you

I tested this a few weeks ago for another person with a similar issue and now I can't recall :)... I'm thinking you can set the signatures then set a policy to block editing - but the signatures assigned are not changed. I'll dig up my notes and refresh my memory. I think we disabled the signature buttons after setting up the signatures, but will need to test.

Hello,

I forgot to notice that the users are local admins.
We have a GPO applied but the problem persists either way.
Please, let me know how I can help in your tests.

TIA,
Martull

Hello again,

I have been able to accomplish what I want; having multiple signatures while unable their editing by the users. Every time the user writes a new/replay/forward email, the signature of that email account is used. She/he can change the email account and the signatures will change as well.

The problem occurs when the user closes and reopens the Outlook. All the new/replay/fw signatures are replaced with the default one. I think it is because Outlook writes in the Registry changing the values of

HKCU:'\Software\Microsoft\Office\1*.0\Outlook\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\0000000*\ New Signature and Reply-Forward Signature with the values of HKCU:'\Software\Microsoft\Office\1*.0\Common\MailSettings\' 'NewSignature' and 'ReplySignature'

Is there a way to stop this from happening? It is not my area of expertise, but I am thinking on changing the permissions on the registry folder 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\0000000*\

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Fer Martull

You can try changing the permissions, I don't think it will work but I might be wrong. It's worth a shot to see if it has any unexpected behaviors.

My quick and dirty solution would be require all users to use uniform signature names. Remove the Outlook shortcut, replace with a batch file that updates the registry before opening outlook. Oh wait, that may not work because the 00000* folder may be different for each user. You'd need to export each person's account key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
D VBA code to select a signature from the signatures list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
DDB VBA to Auto Insert Date and Time in the signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Importing business card into Outlook for SIgnature Using Outlook 1
H Custom Signature Not Displayed When Account Selected Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
N How to remove signature formatting from Text in Word (accidentally taken from Outlook) Using Outlook 0
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
JackBlack What tools do you use to create the signature for email? Using Outlook 3
N Signature displaying incorrectly in email Using Outlook 1
Morgan Fowler Remove Signature Using Outlook 1
L Block email signature image Using Outlook 1
N Does a Shared Folder Policy override a Digital Signature Setting for macros? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Remove extra line above signature in reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Macro to send email after changing from address and adding signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
skylark53 Loss of default format on deleting signature Using Outlook 5
V incorrect html signature printed Using Outlook 2
G Linked (online) signature images Using Outlook 5
O VBA to change message format and add formatted signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Brendan.Z Outlook 2013 signature editing issue Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
JorgeDario how to check a MailItem has a digital signature (SMIME) with vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
blashmet Outlook Signature Distorted in Other Email Clients Using Outlook 9
B Oultlook 2007 Signature back ups Using Outlook 4
Ramy Wassef Signature Using Outlook 1
SirFishAlot SIGNATURE EMBED ISSUE OUTLOOK 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
J Macro generating email using default signature and hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Onding e-mail with wrong signature Using Outlook 0
T Setting a Default Subject from a certain Signature Using Outlook 0
B Signature Reply Issue Using Outlook 1
D Digital Signature Exchange Server Administration 1
S signature in meeting request Using Outlook 2
C Unusual Signature & Spell Check Query Using Outlook 1
R automatic signature Using Outlook 0
L Auto Reply Signature Using Outlook 5
X Outlook 2007+ Changing signature also changes subject? Using Outlook 9
L Automatically change signature based on to / cc field (@customerdomain.com) Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2k/2k3 Reply or Forward: Signature image replaced by original sender Using Outlook 3
E Outlook Signature GPO issues Using Outlook 2
K Default Account and Signature Selection Using Outlook 5
A Vanishing signature image in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Is there a way to apply a macro before a signature is applied in email? Using Outlook 1
E Signature changes font of last line of template Using Outlook 18
T Header instead of just a signature for a disclaimer Using Outlook 1
G Email Signature Using Outlook 1
S Signature size limit for OWA / Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 10
F How to setup signature with Outlook 2007 with external picture Using Outlook 4
S macro to include email signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Unable to resize image in email signature Using Outlook 4