multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDNorCal

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi all,
Outlook APP 2021 - two email accounts. My "main" email is the default. However, when I am "in" the other email and create a new email, it uses the default address and I have to remember to change it. Which I totally FAIL at doing.

If I am in the "other"email box on the sidebar, viewing incoming mail and wish to create a new email from that account. Can I change a setting so the "other" email always uses its own proper "from" without manually changing, every time?

Thx DD

These are two separate email accounts (in Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings> Email tab)? If yes, then you can set outlook to use the account assigned to the folder... except if you have more than one pop account and both deliver to the same pst. Then Outlook using the default account for new messages but will reply from the account it was sent to.

File > Options > Mail - under Send group about halfway down, is "Always use the default account when composing new messages" checked?

These are two separate email accounts (in Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings> Email tab)? If yes, then you can set outlook to use the account assigned to the folder... except if you have more than one pop account and both deliver to the same pst. Then Outlook using the default account for new messages but will reply from the account it was sent to.

File > Options > Mail - under Send group about halfway down, is "Always use the default account when composing new messages" checked?
Awesome, that last menu did the trick! Thx a lot, Diane I recall it had worked differently before. Just hadn't looked deep enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
B Multiple email accounts in outlook and multiple iphones Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
P Handling Multiple eMail Accounts Using Outlook 2
J multiple email accounts, but only want to pull from two Using Outlook 1
S Help with multiple email accounts Using Outlook 5
A Notification for Multiple Email Accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple page in new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Trapping AttachmentAdd in VBA does not handle multiple email instances Using Outlook 1
C Multiple domains into one email account Using Outlook 1
M Getting messages from multiple email address Using Outlook 1
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 8
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4