Multiple Instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa.deblanc

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
The latest build of Outlook 2019 launches a new instance every time you open an email.
This is Version 1903 Build 11406.20002 Click-to-run on the Office Insiders Fast Track.

This completely changes the way the program has worked up to now, and increases the time taken to accomplish simple tasks.

Has anyone else experienced this change yet? And is there a way to get the programme to revert to the traditional behaviour of opening emails in the main instance?

Many thanks in advance

Dave White

Hi Diane This is the Outlook Desktop that has started to fire up a separate process every time you open an email or create a new item. I currently have 30 such processes active! It is driving me mad. And no, there are no steps to repro - this just started happening every time I launch the Desktop Client. Thanks for looking at this. Dave

Do you have the option to hide when minimized enabled? I know its easy to get multiple explorers with that enabled.

I would start with a repair.

Thanks, Diane I ran Office Diagnostics and nothing specific came up. But the problem suddenly went away again. Let's hope it stays that way.
As you say, I will run a repair to be on the safe aside.
Thanks as always - good for us Outlook users to know you are out there!

Did you restart Outlook or reboot? I have seen things magically disappear on a restart - sometimes it just goes away on its own, other times the product team sees problems in the data that gets sent back and can identify the cause, flipping it off remotely - the changes sync down but don't kick in until you restart the app.

Hi Diane .. I finally tracked down this problem to some corrupt DLLs and Registry Keys. Running SFC /scannow from the command prompt instituted repairs and for now things have settled back down again. I discovered the problem was wider than just Outlook. Active Office and Browser apps were not being pinned to the taskbar; so that if the programme shortcut was pinned to the taskbar I instinctively kept clicking that, launching a new programme instead of just changing the focus. Absolute nightmare!! Hope all is well with you and thanks for your help. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
M Ensure the same inbox view across multiple outlook instances Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
P Trapping AttachmentAdd in VBA does not handle multiple email instances Using Outlook 1
R Multiple instances of OL2007 and creating rules Exchange Server Administration 1
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 8
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
M Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1