Not open for further replies.

Lairbear

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Diane, All--

Background:

I'm in the process of completing a 1-month 'escapade' of upgrading? from Win 7 to Win 10. I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do it again! ...And I'm a software engineer!

My last step in this process was to re-install Office 14 (including Outlook 2010), and roll all of my existing contacts, calendar, and messages into the freshly-installed Outlook 2010. This process in itself has been a nightmare.

I used 3rd party software to merge multiple PST files, and another to remove all duplicate items from within the merged PST file.

I have Outlook 2010 running OK?, as it's receiving messages in my Inbox, but am displeased with the looks my Navigation pane (on the left):

Current Situation:

1) I have two major folders in my Nav Pane- I ONLY want one! (Image provided)

2) My incoming messages are being placed in the second (bottom) Inbox. I want Outlookto use the first (top) Inbox!

3) The top major folder (Account name) should read: Lairbear980@Comcast.net (How the second account now reads- at the bottom of the pane.

4) Outlook fails to display the Send/Receive progress bar at the bottom of the window during transmission activity- even when I click the: Send/Receive All Folders button.

"I get by with a little held from my friends."

Looking forware to anyone's golden advice and counsel!

Randy Reist, Old Guy Programmer

Nav Pane.jpg

Go to File, Account Settings, open the account settings dialog. Is the comcast account set up as pop or imap? If pop, click change folders at the bottom and select the inbox in the other pst. You can close the second pst from the data files tab - the select the one to rename and choose Settings then Advanced and change the name.

If it is imap, you need to remove it and add it back using manual setup.

Diane--

My account type is IMAP, so I'm forced to go the manual way!

It seems that Outlook insists upon building a PST file in:
C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

along with my existing PST in:
C:\Users\Randy\Documents\Outlook Files

Seems that's what's yielding my two 'accounts' in my Nav pane.

How do I go about having just one account entitled: Lairbear980@Comcast.net, and not the existing
SystoolsPST. (I know...sounds rather picky, but that's how I am about MY system!)

I attach images of my account, both the Email tab, and the Data File tab (as they stand right now):

New Email.jpg

New Data Files.jpg

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

I think that I can do the 'manual' thing.

Randy, Old Guy Programmer

Because your account is configured as IMAP, you have the IMAP data file in the local appdata folder and the pst file in the documents path. You can't avoid this with imap accounts - if you had a pop account, you could set delivery to the one named systools. But to add it as a pop account you need to use manual set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Multiple inboxes Using Outlook 2
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 8
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
M Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Rules - Changing auto-submit address in multiple rules, according to rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Send multiple batch tasks to single person Using Outlook 3