Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi

I am using O2016/365
IMAP

My problem is that I get multiple emails. How this plays out:
Junk mail - I always get 3 of each email. I can delete an email in the junk folder and it will pop right back up. This will happen 3 times if I happen to delete the 1st email as I see it. They arrive very quickly but sometimes I'm right there and delete the 1st one quickly.
Inbox - FINE, no problems.
Search - If I search for an email I will sometimes 6-10 of the same email. This is mainly old emails, prior to when I took over this account.

1. Any idea why this is happening.
2. Is there a safe way to find and nuke dupes? This email account is 5Gb and searching for a particular part of a thread can be extremely time consuming.

Thanks,
CP

jessewalter375

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Follow the steps:-
In any of your mail folders, click one of the messages, press and hold CTRL, and then click each additional message. If you want to select a contiguous group of messages, click one of the messages, press and hold the SHIFT key, and then click the last message in the list.

On the Home menu, click Forward or press Ctrl+F on your keyboard.

A new message will open with the selected messages as attachments. Address and compose this new message and then click Send.
Hope this helps you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Since its an imap account, log into web mail and see if there are duplicates there - preferably, with outlook closed so it doesn't create dupes. Maybe first thing in the morning, before starting outlook, check web mail for duplicates. If there are dupes that came in overnight, its not outlook.

If you use more than one computer, each computer could be moving mail at the same time.

If you have a lot of dupes, using a 3rd party utility is easiest. Depending on the cause, you might be able to use the modified field - if the dupes were created at the same time, they'll have the same modified date.

Chrisokia

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Since its an imap account, log into web mail and see if there are duplicates there - preferably, with outlook closed so it doesn't create dupes. Maybe first thing in the morning, before starting outlook, check web mail for duplicates. If there are dupes that came in overnight, its not outlook.

If you use more than one computer, each computer could be moving mail at the same time.

If you have a lot of dupes, using a 3rd party utility is easiest. Depending on the cause, you might be able to use the modified field - if the dupes were created at the same time, they'll have the same modified date.

So it's basically a search and destroy mission to get rid of existing?

This is happening REAL-time. There's only one computer using this account. Webmail is used but very rarely.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
D Multiple Accounts Issue Receiving Emails in 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Auto Save of Attachments from Multiple Emails and forward attachments to user group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Copy and paste body and subject and send multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened? Using Outlook 5
C How to copy same text header to multiple emails with custom text column Using Outlook 10
B Recipient of a forwared message getting multiple emails Using Outlook 2
G Script in rule to send to multiple emails found in message bo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
T link multiple emails to one project in one way BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Send Multiple Emails Using Outlook 1
M Outlook keeps sending multiple emails to invitees when a meeting is canceled Using Outlook 0
M Outlook keeps sending multiple emails to invitees when a meeting is canceled. Using Outlook 0
A Problems printing multiple emails Using Outlook 1
C Save as HTML for multiple emails Using Outlook 1
M Moving multiple emails from draft folder to outbox Using Outlook 6
G Multiple email addresses (Outlook 2002). All emails (both addresses) go into the one inbox. How do i Using Outlook 3
N Multiple errors with Outlook 2010 - Won't receive Hotmail emails; but will send fine. Using Outlook 3
K Sending multiple emails Using Outlook 1
M Multiple duplicate emails received on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
A how to print multiple emails from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 13
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3