Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC-16

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
This 'new' question relates to a previous question I posted on here titled: "Tumblr - Drag & Drop files (pictures) into Outlook". Maybe to understand 'this' question you might need to lookup and read that question/thread.

So .. I open up the 'Pictures' Folder on my PC and select all the pictures I want. I drag/drop them directly into a Folder within Outlook. I then run a rule which simply moves all the items dropped into that Outlook Folder to the Outbox

As a way of an example, look at the screenshot I have taken and you'll see 20 items in the Outbox. The first 10 messages are the ones the rule moved there--they are 'bold' in color, they are 'italic' and have a yellow envelope. The other 10 messages have an opened mail icon, are not bold or italic.

Why do I have to manually open all 10 emails and click send 10 times for them to turn from their 'bold', italic and yellow envelope so they now all appear with an opened icon? Why doesn't the rule do this?

screenshot.JPG

On second thought... i think i misread the question last night - they are unsent messages, so you don't want them read, you want them unread.

Do they send ok if you don't look in the outbox? (They did here.) Some addins will mark messages read if you look in the outbox.

Just tried a test on 5 messages. When the rule ran it put 5 messages into the Outbox which had an opened mail icon, were not bold or italic (look at the screenshot in my original/first question; look at the top 10 messages, the ones with opened mail icon) and yes, they did send ... HOWEVER, when those messages were sent to my Tumblr publishing address the pictures were not published.

The 2nd time I ran a test it worked.

So this is 'The Question' ...

This time I pressed CTRL+A to select all messages in the Outbox. Right click the mouse and select 'Open' from the context pop-up window. This opens all 5 messages (if I had 50 messages in there then 50 individual messages would open .. and so on). I then click 'Send' on each of the 5 emails and now those 5 emails have changed from an opened mail icon, are not bold or italic TO 'bold' in color, 'italic' and have a yellow closed envelope ... then I click my Send All shortcut and all messages are sent AND all pictures appear on my Tumblr Blog.

So the only way for me to do what I want to is manually open all messages in the Outbox and click 'send' on them all for this to work. Outlook isn't doing something right automatically here ... hmmm

It's either outlook or an addin causing problems - it works here so it could be an addin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
J E-mail held in Outbox while Minimized Using Outlook 3
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
U Outbox Message Stuck after reading some MailItem Properties with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Cant See outbox items on a secondary Account Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outbox throttler Using Outlook 4
T SMTP messages stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Send mail - it just sticks in Outbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 puts replies in Outbox Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky After viewing the Outbox, messages won't send Using Outlook 0
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Messages in Outbox reminder is wrong Using Outlook 4
D Use single outbox in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
T Two Outbox's in 2007 but neither send Using Outlook 8
iwshim Transfering mail from the outbox to another computer Using Outlook 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
B OUTBOX ERROR!!!!! Using Outlook 20
James Emails Stuck In Outlook Outbox Happening Alot Using Outlook 1
Loperman Emails hang in Outbox Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
M some emails send from outbox, some don't Using Outlook 10
S Mystery emails in Outbox Using Outlook 1
J Change Subject of 500 mails sitting in Outbox with Macro Using Outlook 6
B Cannot send emails-stuck in OutBox: OUTLOOK 2013 Using Outlook 4
E lost contacts on emptying outbox? Using Outlook 5
N Stuck in Outlook 10 Outbox Using Outlook 0
M Messages Held in Outbox 2007 Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K blank emails generated in outbox when clicking on Inbox and other foders Using Outlook 0
R Force use of general outbox Using Outlook 1
J Emails stuck in Outlook outbox Using Outlook 11
P OL 2007 XP email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 3
D Email stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 3
X Exchange 2013 - Emails stuck in Outbox folder Exchange Server Administration 3
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
D Outbox will not send, error code 0X800CCC78 with 550 sender restricted. Using Outlook 3
G Email stuck in Outbox - Office 2013 Using Outlook 5
N Email Stuck in Outbox - Cached Mode - Roaming Profile Using Outlook 2
D Windows 7 / Outlook 2007 - email gets stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 2
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
T Sent emails remain in Outbox Using Outlook 3
P Messages stuck in outbox and must be sent again. Using Outlook 1
C Fix for Outlook Outbox Error Message Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 messages freeze in outbox, do not autosave, then disappear after Outlook locks up Using Outlook 7
S Send All emails in Outbox and Quit using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3