One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruegel

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I’m having a problem with one email chain. The email has gone back and forth between parties for a few weeks. Nothing too wordy, no pics or attachments.

Replied to this email chain Friday and pressed send, left outbox but didn’t arrive other end. Tried various combinations of people and formats.

Can send to gmail but when tried to send it back it left gmail but didn’t arrive.

Made plain text but still left outbox but didn’t arrive other end (Note why does outlook insist on retaining email address link although I change to plain text? Is it not truly plain text?)

When outside party sends email in same chain we do not receive. They create new chain and still not received.

ALL other emails sent and received as normal

No AV, no firewall, no size limit (and now no hair)

Any ideas please? Pieter

I could find no solution to this. However one of my many enquiries was to our email platform provider (Media Temple) who said they could see nothing wrong with any aspect of the setup. About five minutes later all the "missing" emails started flowing again. No explanation was provided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
B No email accounts in outlook. Cannot add email Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2013 cannot send email error 0x700700c1 Using Outlook 1
V Cannot send email to group Using Outlook 12
J ever since I started using Outlook, I cannot get an email from an app I use Using Outlook 2
J Edge + TMG 2010 No email inbound/outbound and cannot telnet to port 25 on TMG Exchange Server Administration 0
J cannot send email from exchange2010 to exchange2007 Exchange Server Administration 8
H Cannot send Email Using Outlook 2
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
D User cannot move email messages within Outlook Inbox folder and sub-folders. Using Outlook 0
L Outgoing Email attachment error "the system cannot find the file specified" Using Outlook 3
T Cannot delete single email in INBOX, delete grayed out Using Outlook 7
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Why are some email automatically going to "archive" Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6