Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

cevhh

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am acting as a consultant to a Customer and they have given me a company email account. I'm using Outlook 2013 on my personal HP 255 laptop - with a POP/SMPT account to get access to the company email server via the Internet. When I sign on to Outlook a window will then automatically pop up (see attached):

upload_2014-6-13_13-2-0.png

To which I will then click "yes" to.

For 90% of the time, everything works fine... except once in awhile (each day) emails will stay in my Outbox folder EVEN THOUGH THEY ACTUALLY WERE SENT. Said another way, the email does not automatically move from the Outbox folder over to the Sent Items folder.

I have noticed that when I click on "send", the email will appear in my outbox folder for a short time and it will have a bright blue font for the address that it is being sent to... and it will also state: "Flag Status: Unflagged: 1 item(s), 1 unread". After a moment it will then disappear from the Outbox folder and appear in my Sent Items folder (as it should).

For the ones that do not automatically transfer from my Outbox folder to my Sent Items folder, they will remain in my Outbox folder, their font will become all black for the address that it was sent to... and it will also state (as an example of having two emails presently stuck in there): "Flag Status: Followup Flag: 2 item(s)".

The Outbox Folder will show: "Outbox [2] with the [2] portion being in light powder blue colored font.
I can double click on the email and it will pop open... but the [2] remains powder blue colored font even if I open and read them. In addition, I cannot click on "resend" or anything like that. I can delete them from my Outbox.

Note that these emails do not necessarily have any attachments to them... so it isn't an issue of size.

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration!

Yes, the email is (1) actually being sent to the person; (2) remains in my Outbox folder; (3) does not automatically move into my Sent Items Folder.

I went into Microsoft Outlook 2013 and went to File==> Options==> Add-Ins and made all Application Add-Ins "Inactive" and it appears to have solved the Problem. I will follow up in another few days to confirm that the issue is gone!

Thanks much for your help with this matter!

Well... that did NOT work... the emails continue to stack up in my Outbox Folder... but are still getting sent... so any help to figure this out would be well appreciated!

I am still suffering with this issue that can be described as "intermittent"... it happens "every day" that I am using Outlook but it does not happen to "every email".

I would greatly appreciate someone with much more experience & knowledge helping me to resolve this issue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
B Forward every other email in Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Outlook 2013 deleting email text when sent Using Outlook 11
A Exporting email in outlook 2013 with Office 365 Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2013 vs Outlook.com Email Address fields Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
C outlook 2013-how do i send email to myself? Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear HomeTab Email filter "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 3
H Problems With Outlook 2013 VBA To Send and Print an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
P Copy email address from outlook 2013/2010 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2013 email folder sync problems using OneDrive Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2013 cannot send email error 0x700700c1 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 email notifications Using Outlook 1
M Can't delete imap email from Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
T In Outlook 2013, must downloaded pictures in an email always be retained? Using Outlook 8
S Is it possible to backup Outlook.com/Outlook 2013 Email & Calendar info? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Transferring POP emails from Outlook 2002 to Outlook.com email in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
K Help Needed - setting up Email in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
W Outlook 2013 - 2nd acct stopped receiving email after Win 8.1 upgrade Using Outlook 3
S [SOLVED] To make Outlook 2013 the default email system Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M Outlook 2013 folders - don't want to synchronize with email provider's server Using Outlook 15
S Outlook 2013. Adding office 365 email account causes 'The operation failed' Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2013 - address book showing FAX numbers - How to only show email? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2013 Doesn't Send email from Web Page Unless Outlook Is Open Using Outlook 2
K How to make email notification in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2013 - All rules simply delete the email Using Outlook 1
M How do you change the obnoxious color of the email headers on Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 2
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 search no longer works Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 Calendar Archiving Using Outlook 0
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013/Exchange 2013 - Conf Rooms not fully booking "resolved conflict" meetings Using Outlook 3
G Can't create Folder Groups in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
Rupert Dragwater Several questions regarding Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 9