Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryon

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm closing some VERY old Earthlink email accounts as I no longer use them and don't want to continue paying for the service. But, I want to save all the old emails on my laptop Outlook 2013.

I've got the accounts set up (IMAP) on my laptop's Outlook 2013 (Windows 10) and it has downloaded and synced all emails and folders to the laptop. I want to know how I can close down the IMAP connection between my laptop's Outlook and the external Earthlink email so it won't sync anymore and so that when I delete the Earthlink email account my Outlook 2013 will not continue to try and find it.

Basically I'm asking, how do I delete (close down) my Earthlink account without also deleting the emails on my laptop's Outlook 2013, AND so my Outlook 2013 won't continue to look for the closed Earthlink accounts everytime it does a Send/Recieve.

I did 'unsubscribe' all the folders in Outlook, but it won't let me unsubscribe the 'Sent' folders, saying "Cannot unsubscribe from folder. 'Sent is a special folder and cannot be unsubscribed from in Outlook.". I suppose I could just move the content of my sent folder to another new folder... ? I'm not real confident the 'Unsubscribe' will keep my Outlook from syncing though, based on some discussion in other forums. But should that work I would still have my Outlook 2013 trying to find and sync with an account that is no longer out there.

Seems it should be simple but I'm not finding how to get this done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook 365 keeps closing Using Outlook 1
L Unintentionally closing Outlook w multi monitors Using Outlook 3
P Outlook 2016 Not Closing Using Outlook 3
E Can I intercept Outlook closing and cancel it? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Closing Exchange service, how to keep all calendar and mail data? Exchange Server Administration 0
G opening Outlook again after closing closing? Using Outlook 0
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
A Outlook-Program Not Closing Properly Using Outlook 10
B Item_Write = False don't prevent custom form from closing Using Outlook 1
O closing outlook prompts to save all opened attachments Using Outlook 2
D Accidentally Closing Outlook Using Outlook 2
F Closing problems BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N VBA Procedure (or Macro) to Stop Outlook from Closing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Strange save request when closing Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Strange save request when closing Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Outlook process left after closing BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
T External email warning banner Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
P [SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject Using Outlook 16
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
RangerRick Text Extraction from forwarded messages external Exchange Server Administration 1
J HELP- Rule to auto strip prepend from external emails Using Outlook 0
C OWA External Access - No URL / URL Invalid Exchange Server Administration 2
T HTML email for internal mesages and Text only for External? Using Outlook 1
M Separate Internal and external emails in outlook Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external domain Using Outlook 9
A Change subject line of external software using outlook. Using Outlook 1
B importing Outlook from a backup on an external hard drive Using Outlook 5
P Amend external calendar entries to include internal resources Using Outlook 1
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
D How to set permissions to allow external program to send an email? Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external acc. Using Outlook 4
F How to setup signature with Outlook 2007 with external picture Using Outlook 4
J Assign a signature by external or internal reciepents. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W email contacts from external contact database. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F Outlook 2007 lose the attatchment when sending through external sc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
M Run external program from Outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Comparing external list of names to contact entries? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Discussion for all: IMAP + Safety Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5