[SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject

pacnwtexan

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Recently, my main customer has added a server based [EXTERNAL] flag to their (our) emails. This obvously happens on the customer side when responding but is creating a nightmare for grouping and searching on our side.

I am looking for a way to edit [EXTERNAL] out of the subject line upon receipt? I have seen mentions of VB or C script options but this is too far advanced.

Is there a way to do this via rules?

Is there a custom rwz site that people can recommend?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

pacnwtexan

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
No, you can't do it using rules. You need to use a macro, which only works in Outlook desktop.
So I'm not on 365 so I imagine desktop. So create a macro to open and auto tab (?) To the subject and search and replace?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you are using Outlook 2013, its the desktop software and a macro will work.

I swear I had a macro that removed the keywords (your aren't the first to complain about it). I can put one together - do you want to remove it on all incoming messages or only when you reply?

pacnwtexan

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
If you are using Outlook 2013, its the desktop software and a macro will work.

I swear I had a macro that removed the keywords (your aren't the first to complain about it). I can put one together - do you want to remove it on all incoming messages or only when you reply?
I would like to remove specifically [EXTERNAL] from the subject line as emails arrive.