Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivanhou

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Hi,
I use outlook professional 2013 and there's an email group account PI_team <PI_team@mycompany.com>. Me and my colleagues were set up to receive the mail when someone sends to this group mail. I have also Jira configured to send mails upon issues via mail server. Sender's email address is the PI_team@mycompany.com. When I got mail from the jira in my outlook I see the sender is PI_team. If I open the internet header of the message I see From: "Ivan Rodrigo (JIRA)" <PI_team@mycompany.com>

I would like to see "Ivan Rodrigo (JIRA)" instead of "PI_team", and if I click on it to display the actual email address -> PI_team@mycompany. The perfect would be a rule that filters only the incoming mails from the PI_team.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ivanhou

I would like to see "Ivan Rodrigo (JIRA)" instead of "PI_team",
that is not possible - best you could do is 'ivan sent on behalf of pl_team' format, if you have send on behalf permission.
The perfect would be a rule that filters only the incoming mails from the PI_team.
there is a rule condition for from address or group that should work.

Hi Diane,
Do you think it is possible to retrieve the sender's name from the internet headers with a rule "run a script" and to display it somehow? (instead of the name from the contact list - PI_team).

if the name is in the header or in a mapi property, yes, a run a script macro could grab it. you cant change the display name, but could add it to a new field or a category, follow up field (would show above the subject in the message, but would add a flag).

Hi Diane,
In your first reply you said " 'ivan sent on behalf of pl_team' format, if you have send on behalf permission". Ok, let's say somehow PI_team delegate access to me. The problem is that Jira sends mail via smtp server using fixed sender email address : PI_team@mycompany.com. Do you have any idea what to set up to receive mail from "ivan sent obo PI_team"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J outlook having sort by date or from unable to display sender name. Using Outlook 2
C Display Sender As Contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
Witzker Outlook 2019 Display the output of a seach in a new Window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
J images on note field display fraction of size Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
O After filtering, how to display all events on that day? Using Outlook 4
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 4
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
N Contact display as Using Outlook 2
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O How to display number of items per .pst file Using Outlook 7
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
O Display more months in 'Tasks' Using Outlook 3
soadfan Outlook rules look up display name only Using Outlook 4
O How to display folder icons? Using Outlook 2
Treebys Array out of bounds .display 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
copperberry How to display incomplete tasks due on or before 7 days from now Using Outlook 0
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Category Color doesn't Display in Inbox Using Outlook 0
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2016 Calendar multiday event display Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Replace Display Names with Email Addresses Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Search for All Messages from Contact and Display in New Window Using Outlook 0
K Display sub-folders in body of outlook Using Outlook 1
O How to display multi-line task in To-Do List - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Display the Recipient Email Address in the Sent Items Folder Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Excel Files Won't Display in Reading Pane Using Outlook 1
D Display of Open Folders Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Change the Display Name recipients see for Exchange account Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Pictures don't display in Outlook messages Using Outlook 4