Status
Not open for further replies.

knowlesi07

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

Need some help. I have just purchased a new domain from Godaddy and wish to set up an email address in Outlook using this domain. I have read that I can do this without paying for godaddy email and I am trying to set this up. I have gone through the set up process however I am having the following errors:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR authorization failed Check your server settings.

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I am doing wrong please ??

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

knowlesi07

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. They don't seem to offer this any longer. I can buy an email package from them for 1.99 a month but if have to pay for that then what is the point in paying for Microsoft outlook ? I have read elsewhere that you don't need to pay for another email service and can do everything in outlook. I own the domain but can't seem to get my email set up in Outlook. Does anyone know what the 2 errors I have above mean and what I need to do?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What mail server names are you trying to use?

You need a mail server to host your email. Outlook 2013 is just a mail client, its not a mail server. If you have an Office 365 business account that hosts email, you need to set up the DNS following the instructions Microsoft gives you.

Does godaddy still give free mail forwarding? If so, you can forward your mail to an address at outlook.com (or anywhere else). If you want to use the domain name for your email, you can set it up at domains.live.com - this is outlook.com with a custom domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.