Status
Not open for further replies.

Iseklaar

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I use Task list as project manager.

For every project, I start like 30 tasks that should be done before the projects end date occurs.

I set different tasks on different dates that is depending on the date on the last task (project finished)

Someone now a good program or help to be able to update the dates for all the task if I change the finish date on the last task.

For example I put the finished task date forward 3 weeks can I get all the tasks that is before this one to jump forward 3 weeks?

I don´t think this is doabel in Outlook task but maybe someone now a good magament tool to use combined with outlook.

You could do it with a macro - or you can type + 3w or +21d after the date in the date field and jump ahead. (Bad screenshot example since I didnt use the same date in each.)

The only real issue is you need to edit 30 tasks... for that, a macro would be faster. I'm not sure if i have one that does it.
2019-03-12_11-00-00.png

I see what you mean, still the issue is that I have to edit all the taskdates in the beginning and when the change occurs.
Know I have a predefined tasklist that I copy when I start a new project but I have to set al the dates inside every task.
A macro could maybe be the soultion but I don´t have the skill to make one.

I have this macro to create a new series - Create a Series of Tasks using VBA

I don't (currently) have one that changes the date on existing tasks but i have some ideas on how to do it. I'll see if i can make it work.

BTW, you could import from a CSV too - export from tasks to get the fields then use ut as a template. Formulas can handle the dates - you wouild just need to fill in a few fields and the initial date.

BTW, you could import from a CSV too - export from tasks to get the fields then use ut as a template. Formulas can handle the dates - you wouild just need to fill in a few fields and the initial date.
thankyou for your help its really useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Lifelong Windows user - new to Mac - Help!!! Using Outlook 3
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 HELP to get Template Path in a Function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
CWM550 Outlook 365 HELP! Calendar Craziness! Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Has nobody used Office 2021 enough to help me or have you given up on me.......lol Using Outlook 1
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Seeking help with Outlook rule Using Outlook 2
D Need help with MS Authenticator Using Outlook 4
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Y Filter unread emails in a search folder vba help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F Microsoft Outlook Connector 14.0.6123.5001 - Help! Using Outlook 6
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Disable conversation thread from replying of recipients in the same subject. Please help Using Outlook 0
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Help .. got lost ... installing Office like 2016 Using Outlook 5
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
L Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C need help setting up outlook first time Using Outlook 1
K To do bar help Using Outlook 8
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S help with outlook scripting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
EmelineGueguen Help to understand the problem of work Using Outlook 1
N Outlook Forms Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X Using Outlook 8
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
broadbander Needing help with reply/reply all while keeping attachments and adding a new CC recipient. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Help! My contacts have disappeared. Using Outlook 5
J HELP- Rule to auto strip prepend from external emails Using Outlook 0
J Help Needed With Multi-Step Login Email Address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1
G [Help] Converting array to destination folder path Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Help.... Office Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
S Error using AddressEntry.GetContact - need help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2