Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTampkins

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,

many years ago a developer working for me, created a VBA module that did the following when saving attachments:

• recorded the file path you saved it to
  • appended the email to say: "the attachment <filename> was saved to <file path> on <date>"
  • and then removed the attachment from the email.7
I cannot figure out how he did it, or if it is even still possible. I have seen some similar examples but these do things like bulk strip out attachments into a pre-determined folder, or just remove the attachments. None of them do exactly what i need. can anyone help?:mad:

i have several code samples here:

yeah I have seen these. in fact this is what i referenced in my post. it saves to a specific folder (OLAttachements) - I want one that simply captures the location i CHOOSE to save the file too as a string and append it to the mail..

That's not hard to change. get the browse for folder function (link below) - and change this line
strFolderpath = strFolderpath & "OLAttachments"
to this:
strFolderpath = BrowseForFolder("C:\Users\username\documents\")
(or whatever you are using as the base path)

change this line to add the last slash:
strFile = strFolderpath & strFile
like this:
strFile = strFolderpath & "\" & strFile

nothing really to code - add the function after the End sub and change two lines.

Attachments

• save-attachments.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Saving attachment from outlook in My Documents Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
K Copy Subject Line When Saving Attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving an attachment - outbox and sent mail conflicts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
N Saving attachment from shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Owl Export Outlook PDF Attachment as JPG? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Timmon Remove just one attachment before AutoForward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P File Picker for attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N File Picker for attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G print attachment straight away; working script edit not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Save attachment run a script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Autoforward just attachment OR just body. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Create new email from the received Email Body with attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook 2010 Opening Mail Attachment Using Outlook 2
A Warning When Opening attachment Using Outlook 7
R Limiting length of saved attachment in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Script for zip file attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2003 find by "has attachment" Using Outlook 1
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
geofferyh How to change the Attachment File Name? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geofferyh Outlook 2010 How to Copy Outlook Attachment to a Specific Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Body text of email disappears when I scan an attachment from printer to email Using Outlook 1
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
D Autosave Attachment and Rename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Macro for attachment saved and combine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Andrew Quirl Open attachment, manipulate without add-on program? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
V VB script code to save a specific email attachment from a given email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
Commodore Attachment icon when there is no attachment Using Outlook 3
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Auto Forward - Include Attachment and change Subject depending on original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Search for attachment filename Using Outlook 0
E Open olNoteItem Attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Vijay Reply all by attachment name Using Outlook 10
Michael R Belleville Making an Attachment Name the Message Subject Using Outlook 2
N Paste content to Excel when .txt file (attachment) is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1