Auto Forward - Include Attachment and change Subject depending on original sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Please help me create a script that will help me save A LOT of time. I need an auto forward that will include the attachment, all to the SAME EMAIL, but I need to change the subject based on who I received the email from(up to 5 different ones). Maybe an IF statement or WHILE loop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

Example:
Receive email from "user1[at]email.com" with attachment
Auto forward to "email[at]email.com" with attachment and Subject="From User1" & .Subject
OR
Receive email from "user2[at]email.com" with attachment
Auto forward to "email[at]email.com" with attachment and Subject="From User2" & .Subject

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have some macros that run from a rule - Run a Script Rule: Change Subject then Forward Message - it can be turned into an itemadd macro if you are forwarding most mail that arrives in the mailbox or its a shared mailbox in your profile.

if the messages all go to the same address and have the same subject format, you won't need an if statement (or a select case). If you also need to change the subject format, use two rules or a select case to set the subject string.

before myForward.Send, you'd add
myForward.subject = "From :" & item.senderemailaddress & " " & item.subject

this shows how to use an item add macro - How to use an ItemAdd Macro

JamesW

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you so much for your reply Diane!

I actually saw the Run a Script Rule and like that, but I failed to clarify something about the subject info. :(

I need to be able to insert a certain code/text into the subject for the different senders.
Ex: If from "sender1" - Then myForward.subject="sender1Code" & item.subject

I know this may be a bit more involved, but if possible, it would save me from writing a lot of separate scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.