Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Again

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi everybody!

I am moving in less than a week and I desperately need to back up my Outlook to an external drive because my desktop computer is going on the moving van. I added the Outlook backup add-in today, but it is not working. I have it set (under options) to save to K:\Outlook\outlook backup.pst When I exit Outlook, I get this message: The J:\Outlook\folder does not exist. The file might have been moved or deleted. Do you want to create it?

How can I get it to stop looking for a J drive? I don't have anything in my J drive, so even if I choose yes to create it, it is unable to create the Outlook folder and the system cannot find the path specified.

Steps I have tried so far, which have failed:
1. Reboot the computer
2. Disable and re-enable add-ins
3. Delete and re-install the add-in
4. Try saving to a different external drive

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Try opening a new message and pretend to add a file from the K folder. No idea if it will work... I'd locate the pst files and copy them you the drive (close outlook before copying). You have Outlook 2007, so the default is under localappdata. Go to File, Data File Management and select the data file then click the button to open the file location. This opens windows explorer with that pst selected. Close Outlook, wait a couple of minutes then copy the data files.

Me Again

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Thank you, Diane. I am successfully able to add a file from my K drive to an email. Yesterday I did just what you recommend. I closed Outlook and manually copied my personal and archive pst over to my K drive and re-named them backup. I am bummed that Outlook's backup process doesn't work. It would be nice to have automatic backups every 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
L Restoring Outlook from backup of OST Using Outlook 5
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
S Is it possible to backup Outlook.com/Outlook 2013 Email & Calendar info? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
C Password for backup of Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Data File (PST) - Auto Backup Solution Using Outlook 3
B importing Outlook from a backup on an external hard drive Using Outlook 5
T Using Outlook 2010 in Outlook2003 as backup ? Using Outlook 21
D Outlook 2010 .pst file backup Using Outlook 2
R What to backup before removing Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
E Disappointed in Outlook 2007, backup, restore, synch Using Outlook 5
R How to backup contacts in Outlook 2010 as business cards Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2007 backup and restore function Using Outlook 2
L Outlook backup tool Using Outlook 5
M Backup Outlook Data File BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Outlook automation pull from PDF Using Outlook 5
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 3
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
V Validating Outlook form with "OR" and "AND" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
D Outlook launch email showing new unread email in reading pane Using Outlook 8
M Convertor for Outlook Express Mail Store (.dbx) to Outlook Mail Store (.pst) Using Outlook 0
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Outlook behaving oddly Using Outlook 2
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 1
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M Respond to Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
U Outlook locking up when replying to Email Using Outlook 7
J Outlook Autocomplete (Recipients) opens upward Using Outlook 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 is "Possessed" Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
I Outlook is stuck at "Updating Calendar" Using Outlook 1
AmonRa Outlook 365 calendar - too much white space Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3