Restore Delete Calendar Meeting Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbehasty

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I was trying to delete and send cancellation for a recurring meeting request i had set up. I accidentally closed the cancellation that was suppose to be sent out to everyone, so it never actually got sent out.

However the meeting request has now been removed from my calendar so i even can't try to send the cancellation out again. Is there any way to get this back?

I have tried checking my deleted items folder, it isnt in there.

I tried clicking on the calendar folder and then going to Tools - Recover Deleted Items, but its greyed out and cant be selected.

Do anyone know how i can get this back or even if there is a way to send out a cancellation for it. I'm currently using Outlook 2003.

Many thanks

It should be in the deleted folder as long as you haven't emptied it - close the reading pane and sort by icon column. The deleted cancellation should be on the top or bottom. I'm not sure if you can move it back to the calendar, but you should be able to send it from the deleted folder and have it work correctly.

(Things like this are one reason I dislike the setting to empty deleted items on exit.)

Have one of the other attendees in the meeting forward you the invite. If you're the meeting organizer you will not be able to 'accept' the invite....but, if you then forward the forward to yourself Outlook will place it back on your calendar in a tentative state. Right click on the tentative entry in your calendar and you will then be able to click 'accept'. If the meeting is a recurring one make sure the attendee you ask to send you the initial forward sends you the series so that when you forward the forward to yourself it will put the series of meetings back on your calendar. I just happened to stumble across this solution as I was trying trial and error to get the meeting back on my calendar.

Having the message forwarded to me helped - I was able to click the calendar icon at the top of the message, taking me to the appointment on my calendar. Once in the calendar, I was able to right click on the appointment, select delete --> delete series. It allowed me to create a message to remove the appointment from all calendards... Thanks, ATL for the ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
P Restore an individual all-day recurring event Using Outlook 2
J How to restore field no longer visible in field chooser? Using Outlook 1
S How to restore corrupted PST file over 2GB in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G pst file restore Outlook 2013 from HTC One M9 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
M Is it possible to restore deleted webmail to server? Using Outlook 3
B How to restore a Contacts Group back into the Contacts list Using Outlook 1
C Custom Search Folders deleted, /resetnavpane, can i restore? How? Exchange Server Administration 1
Horsepower How to restore default view Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 8
B Restore deleted contact distribution list Using Outlook 1
E Birthdays & Holidays in ICloud, how to restore them to Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Outlook client not redrawing completely upon restore Using Outlook 0
wallisellener BCM - restore default settings BCM (Business Contact Manager) 36
I Restore Outlook 2010 from iCloud Using Outlook 2
R Restore Master Category List Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 7
O BCM Dbase Issues (both not seeing dbase & not allowing restore for wrong owner BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook 2003: Restore location Using Outlook 1
E Disappointed in Outlook 2007, backup, restore, synch Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2007 backup and restore function Using Outlook 2
P How to restore my previous address book after an iPhone sync changed it Using Outlook 2
M My Contacts Folder has disappeared. How do I restore it? Using Outlook 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Can not restore database in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Business Contact Manager - MDF and LDF file restore in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Restore a Meeting (accidentally deleted in my calendar) Using Outlook 3
F Possible to restore/reinstall "special" buttons on custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Backup and restore E2K7 with Server2K8 Exchange Server Administration 4
A how to access BCM database after system restore BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S Restore Deleted Folders and Emails in .pst Using Outlook 6
V Re: How can I restore a deleted distribution list to my contacts? Using Outlook 5
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O How to delete a forum post? Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 Errore run-time -2147417851 (80010105) Metodo delete ContactItem non riuscito Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 dont delete inbox item Using Outlook 0
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2