Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder

gruiz

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Ocassionally my "Sync issues" and "Conflicts" folders gets cluttered with messages (some of them with attachments) and my available free space decreases to the point that "mailbox full" message level gets triggered.

Since this folder is not visible in the default Outlook 2016 view I have to change that to Folders, go to the "sync issues" folder and delete all the messages in that folder and in several subfolders (Conflicts).

Is there any way to empty this folder (and subfolders) using VBA at startup, how do I refer to this special folder?

I know this folders and messages are created for reporting issues but at this moment there are the main source for problems since my mailbox gets full almost every single day. Those messages takes up several MBs.

Thanks!

Ocassionally my "Sync issues" and "Conflicts" folders gets cluttered with messages (some of them with attachments) and my available free space decreases to the point that "mailbox full" message level gets triggered.

Since this folder is not visible in the default Outlook 2016 view I have to change that to Folders, go to the "sync issues" folder and delete all the messages in that folder and in several subfolders (Conflicts).

Is there any way to empty this folder (and subfolders) using VBA at startup, how do I refer to this special folder?

I know this folders and messages are created for reporting issues but at this moment there are the main source for problems since my mailbox gets full almost every single day. Those messages takes up several MBs.

Thanks!
That folder shouldn't sync to the server. But yes, you can use VBA to empty it.

Or use auto archive to delete them.

This VBA is written for deleted items but would work for sync issues too - just change the folder name.

Autoarchive steps are here -

Yes, it's possible to use VBA code to delete messages from the "Sync Issues" and "Conflicts" folders in Outlook at startup. You can refer to the "Sync Issues" folder by its EntryID, which is a unique identifier for each folder in Outlook.

Here's an example VBA code that you can use:
Code:
Sub DeleteSyncIssues()
    Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim olNS As Outlook.Namespace
    Dim olSyncFolder As Outlook.Folder
    Dim olConflictsFolder As Outlook.Folder
    Dim olSyncItem As Outlook.MailItem

' Get the Outlook application object and namespace
    Set olApp = Outlook.Application
    Set olNS = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

' Get the Sync Issues and Conflicts folders
    Set olSyncFolder = olNS.GetFolderFromID("0000001A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046\Sync Issues")
    Set olConflictsFolder = olSyncFolder.Folders("Conflicts")

' Loop through the Sync Issues folder and delete all items
    For Each olSyncItem In olSyncFolder.Items
        olSyncItem.Delete
    Next olSyncItem

' Loop through the Conflicts folder and delete all items
    For Each olSyncItem In olConflictsFolder.Items
        olSyncItem.Delete
    Next olSyncItem

' Clean up objects
    Set olSyncItem = Nothing
    Set olConflictsFolder = Nothing
    Set olSyncFolder = Nothing
    Set olNS = Nothing
    Set olApp = Nothing
End Sub
You can add this code to your Outlook VBA project by following these steps:

1. In Outlook, press Alt + F11 to open the VBA editor
  2. In the Project Explorer, right-click on your Outlook project and select "Insert > Module"
  3. Paste the code above into the new module
  4. Save the module and close the VBA editor
To automatically run this code at startup, you can add a Application_Startup event handler to your ThisOutlookSession module:

1. In the VBA editor, open the ThisOutlookSession module
  2. Paste the following code into the module:
Code:
Private Sub Application_Startup()
    DeleteSyncIssues
End Sub
  1. Save the module
Now, every time you start Outlook, the DeleteSyncIssues subroutine will automatically run and delete all items from the "Sync Issues" and "Conflicts" folders. This should help you free up space in your mailbox and prevent the "mailbox full" message from appearing.

Thanks!

I understand this but have you ever thought of using sources that would help you with your studies, like http://essaypapers.reviews/ because I have been using this for a long time now and I feel absolutely fine because I don't have to spend a lot of time writing.
Yes, shure