Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Langer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I run the latest release of Outlook 2016 (365) for Windows and up until an update or so, you had the ability to re-map some of the IMAP folders for iCloud.com

That functionality seems to have disappeared. Now, each time I use Outlook for Windows, on my iPhone and Mac, I now have to manually delete the "Sent Items" and "Deleted Items" that is created by Outlook for Windows.

Is there a registry key I can change, to allow me to restore that functionality? It is very frustrating. I want to be able on Outlook for Windows to put the mail in the proper folders. Also ... hoping they will eventually create a Unified Inbox in Outlook for Windows (Outlook for Mac has it).

Also, on another note, I use Office 365 in the Fast Ring on my Mac. Do you know if and when Outlook will allow the use of my iCloud contacts. It would be nice to be able to use Outlook on both platforms, but since all my contacts live in iCloud, I am forced to use Mac Mail as Outlook for Mac will not access iCloud Contacts or the Calendar.

Go to Send & Receive settings - Ctrl+Alt+S - then click Edit, select the account then Account Properties. Can you remap the folders there?

On the mac Q - i don't have an eta but believe it is in the works.

they seem to remove that functionality to remove the folder mapping from Outlook for Windows in the recent builds. It is gone now. Need to know how to bring it back. Outlook Mac has the unified inbox ... was curious if they were going to add it to the Windows Version.

I even ran the full repair on Office and tried looking for the mapping and now all it gives you is the IMAP account settings. They took away the folder mapping. My Outlook build is:
Outlook or Office 365 MSO (16.0.11425.20200) 32-bit

I attached screen shots of the configuration and you can see from the screen shots, that Outlook is back to the old IMAP settings. I also included my build version. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

03-31-2019 15_26_13-Window.png

03-31-2019 15_26_01-Window.png

03-31-2019 15_28_04-Window.png

03-31-2019 15_27_55-Window.png

Does anyone have any ideas. Even in my latest release when you go into the Send/Receive settings by using Control-Alt-S, they seem to have removed the IMAP folder mapping feature. It only shows the account settings for iCloud. They took away all the folder mapping. I tried using the Subscribed folders but that did not help. At this point, i'm deliberately not opening Outlook on my Windows PC as each time it launches, I end up with a Sent Items and Deleted Items folder in the iCloud account on my MacBook and iPhone ... hate having to delete it each time I use Outlook. I do realize i can re-map the folders on the Mac and iPhone side, but if I end up using the iCloud E-Mail through a web browser, it will not use the Sent Items and Deleted Items folder.

Is there a registry hive/key or a powershell command I can run to restore the IMAP folder mapping functionality?

The latest build just came out and I am also using the preview of the new interface. They still have not restored the functionality to re-map the iCloud IMAP folders. Any thoughts how i can get that back as each time I launch Outlook, it creates the annoying Sent Items and Deleted Items folders in the iCloud account. I know I can re-direct them on my iPhone and MacBook, but Outlook should allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2016 Client and 365 - Groups Folder Using Outlook 3
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
copperberry Outlook 2013 (desktop) vs Outlook 365/Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 7
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 and Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2016 MSI - Possible to make work with O365 modern Auth & Win7? Using Outlook 4
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
bhamberg Shortcuts in Folder Pane (Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 19
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
glnz Can Word Normal.dotm interfere with Outlook? Office 2016 Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2016 and Earlier with Office365 in 2021 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 5
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 11
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 15
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
K Using Outlook 2016 to draw Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 Free/Busy settings ignored Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016/2019 hangs after being open for an extended period Using Outlook 4
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2016 in Cached Mode Using Outlook 1