SMTP messages stuck in Outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Russo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
We use MDeamon V16.02 with Outlook Connecter for server / users have Office 2010 32-bit

This is weird it is only happening in one remote office for three users. When I send just a plain text email to them it is received in real time. When I reply or send a new message from their accounts as plain text text it goes to Outbox and stays 20-60 seconds before it sends from their system. Once it leaves the Outbox it is received by recipient in a normal expected time. I tested this to both to an internal and external address, with same result. When you attach a file around 2mb for this testing it can take up to 20-40 seconds before it goes to the outbox and can stay there 30 – 90 seconds before leaving. I am sure these times would multiply by the bigger file size as well as other traffic creating longer delay.

I have added host file direct paths, tweaked outlook and created straight pipe to mail server on the firewall. Those changes were put into effect over the weekend. My testing did not prove any change in results. I have not uninstall Office/Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server and SMTP Servers Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Common Outlook Outgoing Server (SMTP) Errors Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2013 sends plain text with attachment mail as uuencoded with SMTP conn Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2013, McAfee Security Suite and SMTP/POP3 Using Outlook 3
E msg attachments lose their recipients "smtp" address Using Outlook 2
H Mailing List account needed with remote smtp auth facility Exchange Server Administration 3
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
C How to get SMTP out of email address when exporting contacts? Using Outlook 2
N Beginner - Setting SMTP settings/travelling Using Outlook 4
C Custom Form that allows a single SMTP header to be parsed to Field Chooser? Using Outlook 4
N cannot send emails-SMTP Ports not working for Hotmail Pop3 Using Outlook 3
D how can bounce email be captured in smtp server Exchange Server Administration 3
williamlambton Changing 'To' field in message lists to show SMTP address only. Using Outlook 2
S Incoming and Outgoing SMTP server settings Using Outlook 7
N Get SMTP address of sender in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
V Recipient's SMTP address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Sending message with multiple SMTP BCCs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Getting the SMTP address from an EX address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Question marks in messages Using Outlook 2
L How Stop Outlook Nag Messages Using Outlook 1
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
J Deliver new messages to New or Existing Data File? Using Outlook 2
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
R Why doesn't outlook use "Normal" style for new messages? Using Outlook 4
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1