User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line

bagofdoom

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hello, i am trying to create a user defined field that displays different symbols for when i receive an email with my name in the [To] or [Cc] line.

For example this field will display a symbol of "/" when my name is mentioned in the [To] line of the email and will display a symbol of "//" when my name is mentioned in the [Cc] line of the email. I have contacted Microsoft community forums to no avail.

I have also tried to create various formulas based around the built-in [To] and [Cc] fields, however i am running into a problem. The problem is that the predefined [To] and [Cc] fields are capped to a certain amount of characters, for example if an email was sent to 25 people the [To] field will only show the first 10-12 emails and not show the rest, this is a problem because i tried to create a user defined field formula that would show the "/" symbol if my name was in the [To] field and sometimes my name would not be in the [To] field because of this cap limit.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone has any workarounds or other ways to solve my problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Outlook 2016 Conditional Format for User Defined Field Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Assess content of User Defined Field in Rule Using Outlook 3
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
G how can Apply User-defined Field to all Sub Folder and Other Using Outlook 14
F Adding User Defined Field to another form Using Outlook 0
G How to let data in an account user defined field appear in the same field all related opportunities BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How to show the "value" of a user-defined Account field in a Contact Record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Wotme Syntax for user defined field in VBA Using Outlook 1
J How to create a user defined dropdown list field for a custom contact form Using Outlook 3
S User defined field not showing in Custom view Exchange Server Administration 0
S [SOLVED] Search by User-Defined Relationship Field BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C User defined field not found in any views prints. Cannot locate to delete. Using Outlook 2
P Joining the User Defined Fields to their User Field<n> counterpart BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M What is the recommendet way to read/write a user defined Field (Named Property) in the MailItem Obje Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M What is the recommendet way to read/write a user defined Field (Named Property) in the MailItem Obje Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
R Creating a user defined function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Daniel Schunk User-defined form arrives empty at the recipient Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R User Defined Fields adding new value Using Outlook 3
S VBA with User Defined fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Map Outlook user defined fields onto a Sharepoint list ??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N How to retrieve user defined fields values to bcm form. Using Outlook 2
N How to disable user defined fields in BCM forms Using Outlook 2
K User Defined Fields in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P User-Defined Relationship Fields: Invisible? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
V Extracting user-defined details from a public folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
witzker Outlook bug when creating a user defined contact form? Using Outlook 1
T issue/ base and user defined contact types BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
W Template to produce calendars with wrapped text & user-defined fields? Using Outlook 1
D User Defined Info Gone Using Outlook 1
R writing "Instant Search" queries to find User-Defined fields Using Outlook 0
E Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E [SOLVED] Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
T User-defined fields in Outlook to be incorporated into Mail Merge documents Using Outlook 1
J User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J user defined fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Where are User-defined fields stored in BCM 2010 database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M User defined fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J User defined fields with pre-defined values Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M user-defined properties in printed emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Where does BCM store User-Defined fields in the database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
D User-defined fields and multiple forms BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T User Defined Fields_Difference between columns BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
T User Defined Fields vs. Area of Interest BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1