Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

numberonelevelit

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all,

So please see the VBA code i'm using to save selected messages to a folder of my choice in Outlook. I noticed that whenever i try to save responded mails, it fails to save as an .eml file and just turns into a blank file (attached image). Messages that have been received come save with no challenges though. Please see code below, what am I doing wrong? This is really giving me stress.

Public Sub SaveMessageAsMsg()
'Update by Extendoffice 2018/3/5
Dim xMail As Outlook.MailItem
Dim xObjItem As Object
Dim xPath As String
Dim xDtDate As Date
Dim xName, xFileName As String
On Error Resume Next
Set xShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set xFolder = xShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Select a folder:", 0, strStartingFolder)
If Not TypeName(xFolder) = "Nothing" Then
Set xFolderItem = xFolder.self
xFileName = xFolderItem.Path & "\"
Else
xFileName = ""
Exit Sub
End If
For Each xObjItem In Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection
If xObjItem.Class = olMail Then
Set xMail = xObjItem
xName = xMail.Subject
xDtDate = xMail.ReceivedTime
xName = Format(xDtDate, "yyyymmdd", vbUseSystemDayOfWeek, _
vbUseSystem) & Format(xDtDate, "-hhnnss", _
vbUseSystemDayOfWeek, vbUseSystem) & "-" & xName & ".msg"
xPath = xFileName + xName
xMail.SaveAs xPath, olMSG
End If
Next
End Sub

Screenshot 2021-03-19 170556.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Using Outlook 11
M Save selected email message as .msg file (with user to choose folder location) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Save attachment run a script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Use an ItemAdd to Save Attachments on Arrival Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
S automate save the .xlxs file to share Network Using Outlook 1
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
O Save attachments using hotkey without changing attributes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R VBA | Chosing path to save file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
J Save E-mail attachments in a specific folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Outlook 2016 64bit - on receipt convert emails into PDF and save Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V VB script code to save a specific email attachment from a given email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
C Auto save outlook attachments when email is received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N editing drafts - won't let me save Using Outlook 12
nathandavies Email Details to Excel & Save as .MSG on one macro - combination of 2 macros Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Save Sent Item to Using Outlook 0