Status
Not open for further replies.

eu1981

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I have an issue with sending msg files as attachments.

Some of the attached msg files lose their smtp address (standard email address) of recipients entries when try to read them from INBOX. The original msg files contains valid smtp address.

I'm using the Office 2010 Outlook client to send them.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Emil

Are the affected addresses other members of your exchange server? This happens because their address is on the message in Exchange format (x500), not their true SMTP address.

Hello Diane,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, the affected addresses are not members of our exchange server. But the scenario is a little bit different .. I didn't detail the whole scenario at first. The problem of smtp addresses disappearing occurs only when I send these attachments from my Outlook 2010 client to a POP/SMTP email account (not Exchange account).

But, if I send them with a different email client (non-Outlook), the msg attachments preserve their smtp address ... The main difference I observed is the content type of attachments: it is set to "application/octet-stream" for non-outlook client and "message/rfc822" for outlook client.

Best regards,

Emil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2016 msg attachments Using Outlook 0
F "MSG" type attachments are stripped away when senand previewed with HTML tags. Using Outlook 3
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem Accessing .MSG Property 'ImageNaturalHeight' Tag '0x80010003' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
nathandavies Email Details to Excel & Save as .MSG on one macro - combination of 2 macros Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Using Outlook 11
I Outlook 2010, 2013 will not open .msg or .eml files Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5
K Cannot consistently drag and drop .msg files into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
Jessica .msg file saved in network drive appearing in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
A Create message from .msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Save selected email message as .msg file (with user to choose folder location) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
M Can't open same msg file more than once at the same time in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
Klaas "To Address" duplicated when moving msg to another folder Using Outlook 2
N Saving .msg as sent item on send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Renamed msg file Using Outlook 3
F Cannot open extracted .msg files from outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Moving .msg files back into outlook Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2000 Rule to Move txt msg Not Working if size >24KB Using Outlook 3
A How to open .msg file from Hard disk folder? Using Outlook 3
P I am getting an error msg = cannot open file access denied Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2007 Saves .MSG E-Mails with attachment from Public Folders as RTF Using Outlook 0
T Unable to open msg files in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 11
S OL 2007 user typing. into file box results in .htm.msg Using Outlook 5
J Saving Published Outlook Form as msg Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010 .msg Attachment Readability Using Outlook 1
O Lost attachment found but hidden in msg! Help!! Using Outlook 1
W Save all incomming and sent mails to folder on PC as .msg files Using Outlook 6
A Problems with moving msg files to network folder Using Outlook 3
C Corrupt .msg file Using Outlook 1
S Outlook express 6.0 error msg Using Outlook 1
J HELP!Problem on Task, only half msg can view Using Outlook 7
D Assistance to create a mac that can move a msg based on category to spec fldr Using Outlook 1
J Code to Save Email as an .MSG to Directory when Emails Arrive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
X Attached MSG files change when saved Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B How to: Open .MSG File from Hard Drive via Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Save .msg attachment as .rtf Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Copy attached MSG to Inbox in IMAP folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G wrong body .msg coding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6