Saving .msg as sent item on send

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmc

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi
I have a macro that asks me if I wan to send an email without saving it to 'sent items' that's fine I added a bit of code to save the email to a C:\ drive, it saves fine BUT when you open it from the c:\ it thinks the message has not been sent.

I tried another way by creating a separate VB script to compose and send the email then saving it but same tinnk.

Is there a way to save a an email to c:\ as a sent item or is there a way to identify the last email that has been sent and pick it out from the send items folder without having to write a script to loop through the send item folder ?

Please see scripts below
I would be grateful for any suggestions/assistance and would prefer to get the second method working but will be happy with either

Outlook macro as described above
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim intRes As Integer
Dim strMsg As String
Dim bullet
Dim response
bullet = Chr(10) & " " & Chr(149) & " "
Do
response = InputBox("Send options" & Chr(10) & bullet & "1.) Send - no keep" & bullet & "2.) Send - keep" & bullet & "0.) Quit" & Chr(10), "Send email options", 1)

If IsNumeric(response) And response < 3 Then Exit Do 'Detect value response.
MsgBox "You must enter a numeric value between 0 and 2.", 48, "Invalid Entry"
Loop

If response = 0 Then
Cancel = True
Else
If Item.Class = olMail Then
If response = 1 Then
Item.DeleteAfterSubmit = True
End If
End If
Item.SaveAs "C:\MySentMessage.msg"

End If
End Sub

VB Macro as described above
Set MyApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set MyItem = MyApp.CreateItem(0)
Dim T_O
call Recp
With MyItem
.To = T_O
.Subject = "testSubject"
.ReadReceiptRequested = False
.HTMLBody = "Test"
End With
MyItem.Send
MyItem.Display

MyItem.SaveAs "C:\MySentMessage.msg"', olmsg

Public suB Recp()
T_O= "me@myemail.com"

end Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
J Saving Published Outlook Form as msg Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Background colors not saving in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 15
CWM550 Saving Data: Don't check certain folders Using Outlook 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 2016 Outlook not saving Sent Items Using Outlook 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Adding Subject to this Link-Saving VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Saving Selected Emails as PDF and saving Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Saving items under a folder Using Outlook 3
R Quick Access view in File Explorer when saving attachments Using Outlook 0
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Saving attachment from outlook in My Documents Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
M Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A saving attachement to folder named the same as rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Saving all email to file folder in Windows Using Outlook 2
J Saving attachments from specific sender (phone number) to specific folder on hard drive Using Outlook 3
C Saving Outlook attachments and links to attachments with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Kevin H Remotely saving emails Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Modify Style "Do not check spelling or grammar" not saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook Office 365 not saving addresses Using Outlook 0
A Keep color categories when saving vCards Using Outlook 1
P Saving All Messages to the Hard Drive Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
S Editing an email with notes and saving it for record using Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Saving Attachments to folder on disk and adding Initials to end of file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
bifjamod Saving sent email to specific folder based on category with wildcard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
erichamion Changes to meeting body not properly saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A ItemAdd on Imap Folder get endless loop after saving item Using Outlook 5
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
T From Field Blank when saving to folder other than Sent items Using Outlook 2
L Outlook DST (Daylight Saving Time) problem Using Outlook 0
F Using Outlook 2007 as an IMAP Mail Station Without Saving Data Locally Using Outlook 2
E Saving Changes To Edited E-Mail Received Message Using Outlook 0
D File Lock issue when saving message from Outlook to new folder Using Outlook 1
D Remove extension while saving attachments Using Outlook 1
K Printing & Saving Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 3
S Not saving attachments in the Sent Folder Using Outlook 2
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
D Saving outlook emails in html and attachments Using Outlook 4
W Default Saving a message as text Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2007 QAT buttons not saving Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 - Calendar entries saving over each other Using Outlook 2
J Saving recent colors used for fonts in an email? Using Outlook 1
B How to choose which contacts folder to use when saving contacts? Using Outlook 1
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2
F Saving Imap Drafts Using Outlook 1