1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Creating an email with the list of tasks
    Dismiss Notice

Saving items under a folder

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by BrianDavisCPA, Dec 4, 2017.

1. BrianDavisCPA

BrianDavisCPA

I have folders set up for each client i work with. I file emails from or to each client in the client folder. Sometimes i flag an email to the to-do list. When i go to the to-do list i can see the emails that i've flagged, and i have them grouped by the folder that the email is saved in.

sometimes i create a outlook task for a client. I would like to have the outlook tasks also grouped in with the flagged emails under a client's folder.

Is there any way to save an outlook task in a folder that has email items?

2. Michael Bauer

Michael Bauer

Have you considered using categories instead of folders?

3. BrianDavisCPA

BrianDavisCPA

considered categories. But i have hundreds of clients - having to set the categories of the thousands of emails and tasks that i do seems daunting. I use an email filing app (simplyfile) that creates folders and saves emails and replies to those folders. Ideally i would want something that would take advantage of that process of saving emails to folders.

I suppose i could look for a new app that prompts to set a category to an email.

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

On this specific issue, No. The to-do list will display the tasks - although its not really the best solution, if you add the contact name to the contacts field, you could group by that field. The issue is that you need to do it to mail too. :(

to-do-list.png

Access this dialog from the File tab, Properties button. This will save a step for tasks - Show Contact Linking fields in Outlook - but mail will either need a macro or use this dialog.
    contacts-field.png