Status
Not open for further replies.

ghh3rd

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello -

This has been bothering me for years, and I haven't been able to find an answer...

I discovered a long time ago that if I use the 'Delay Delivery' option, and then need to open the Email to inspect something before it leaves the Outbox, the Delay Delivery does not work, the EMail does not send at the designated time. I must set up Delay Delivery again. Is this typical, or is it just happening for me?

This happened to me today in a different way. I wrote a macro to list all of the EMails in my Outbox, and list their attachments. I created the macro as a QA check, so someone could verify that all of the attachments were made properly. The Emails did not leave the Outbox at the designated time, and had to be sent manually.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks!

Granville

This is the 'send at a specific time' delay, not the send in xx minutes one? It should work as long as the time hasn't passed while the message is open.

Were the messages marked as read? Some addins will mark messages read if you are viewing the outbox when you send. That will prevent mail from sending.

Correct, 'send at a specific time' delay. There is no addin involved... but being marked as read sounds like an interesting theory.

I suspect that my macro is 'opening' each EMail in my Outbox to access the attachments. Perhaps I can use the 'Unread' property to test the EMails after I access each with the macro I mentioned above and see if the Unread changes from False to True. That would explain a lot, and I perhaps simply changing the property back to True would provide a solution.

I'll post my results.

Thanks!

When you look in the outbox, are the messages in italics? Bold italics is the default, but as long as it's in italics, it should send.

If the macro is reading the messages, do a .send when its done.

I checked, and the messages are changing to non-italics as they are read by the macro. I added the .send after each one is checked and they are back to italics, and are sending at the designated time. :)

Thank you very much for your help.

Granville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Rule to Forward email but delay delivery 10 minutes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Diane's Delay Delivery at Specific Times Questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
T Query About "Delay Delivery" Function Using Outlook 5
S Delay Delivery Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Delay Delivery of Messages Sent at Specific Times Using Outlook 0
D Delay Delivery: Visible to recipients? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery Problem Using Outlook 10
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Modifying VBA script to delay running macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Delay Send not working Using Outlook 3
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky To delay sending a message in Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Macro to delay email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky To delay sending a message in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Y All emails are received with delay on outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
M How to forward a message and delay sending for up to 30 days Using Outlook 8
R Long delay for outgoing mail Using Outlook 2
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
M VBA to remove deferred delivery on a MeetingItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Delivery receipt for MYOB emails Using Outlook 0
M Why delivery receipt size is same than sent email size or even larger? Using Outlook 1
P Mail delivery failed returning message to sender Using Outlook 1
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
Z Mail delivery location - I think Using Outlook 1
V change the Default email Delivery Location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2