Modifying VBA script to delay running macro

Legaldeejay

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello:

I have the below code for Outlook 365 which will run a macro after sending an email. How do I modify this to delay the macro 10 seconds after clicking send, and how do I limit this code to my exchange account email which is the default email account? Thanks.

Option Explicit

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
With Item
Call BatchResendEmailsMacro
End With
End Sub

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you want to delay the macro or delay sending the message? If you delay it, the macro may not work as the message is gone. You can watch the sent folder - this would allow the macro to apply only the sent folders you're watching.

Use an if statement to check the account or from address -

Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account

For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts
If oAccount = "name of account" Then

'do whatever

End if.

Legaldeejay

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
I want to delay the macro. I already have a rule which delays sending the message. Based on the above, what will the entire VBA Code look like?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Modifying the built in forms with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Beginner Needs VBA Help in Modifying Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Outlook 2013 Modifying an Outlook calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
M Modifying BCM Database using Access BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Modifying Macro MoveAgedMail(2) - use categories & "to" as variable Using Outlook 12
B modifying print template for printing out appointment details Calendar Printing Assistant 2
S Automatically modifying an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Creating or modifying Outlook .Nk2 file in C# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Expected behauvior when modifying properties? Outlook 2003. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Modifying a Business Contact Manager Report BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Filter unread emails in a search folder vba help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O VBA Cases with Listbox - Can you use Multi-Select? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L VBA unknown character Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C VBA to prompt for Sent folder destination Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
R Limiting length of saved attachment in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Reference Custom Fields with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G VBA Macro Calendar Printing Assistant 4