Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am trying without success to import an Excel CSV list of club members, I have succeeded except for the address fields. I had listed them in separate columns as:
FIRST NAMELAST NAMEEMAILHOME PHONERADIO PHONEAddress 1Address 2Address 3Address 4Postal Code.
ALAN SMITH,ASMITH@ANYONE.COM01234 56785607777 7777771. The HouseRigmore StSomewhereNearer ab1 2cd
That did not work on the address so merged the address columns into one column and pasted the result into a new column named Home Address as a Value. But that did not work either. There are 91 members to add to MY CLUB Contacts folder and I'd rather do the job as a batch not individually!
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Did you merge the columns as Street, City, Postal code - these are the specific field names outlook uses:

Home StreetHome Street 2Home Street 3Home CityHome StateHome Postal CodeHome Country/Region

Also, click on Map Custom fields then check the mapping. If you use Outlook's field names, it will match them automatically but if not, you need to map the fields.

Hi Diane.
Many thanks, now got it sorted, sort of..
I have my members in an address book but need to change the File As from last First to First First. As in Bloggs Joe to Joe Bloggs. Also need to Display as Joe Bloggs not as: Joe Bloggs (joebloggs@anywhere.com). Can this be done as a batch or do I need to do each one one at a time?

I have a macro that can do it.

Thank you Diane. Think I need some time to read and understand the guide, if I chicken out and have a spare evening I might do it by hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
L Correct E-Mail Pulling Wrong Mail Using Outlook 5
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
Witzker Correct Format of custom Yes/No Checkboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Thorsten show the correct calendar on start Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Correct a wrong csv export file from WLM 2012 Using Outlook 0
R VBScript Sendmail not selecting correct 'from' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Large emails not sent from correct account Using Outlook 0
J Importing to the correct calendar from Excel 2010 to Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A phone numbers fields in BCM are not correct BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E Getting Outlook full name correct with AddressLayout Using Outlook 1
D Journal problem recording correct phone number Using Outlook 7
P correct public folder migration exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
B Outlook 2010 asking for password constantly, won't accept correct one Using Outlook 5
M help correct code Using Outlook 0
J Correct settings for send/receive groups w/Exchange Using Outlook 3
A Need method to rapidly correct telephone contact telephone number formatting Using Outlook 1
D How to correct Outlook Connector Live ID Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D appointments on To Do Bar don't reflect the correct Calendar Using Outlook 3
M Auto-correct Contact fields' formatting? Using Outlook 7
S Send receive with ATT returns this error: 0x800CCC92 . My password is correct. Using Outlook 2
K Why is OL not keeping the correct sender account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Some question if I understand user properties correct Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Some question if I understand user properties correct Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Correct way to Identify is Mail is opened in Edit Mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Need advice for correct event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
F Gantt chart or heat map of Outlook/email activity Using Outlook 1
M Map Outlook user defined fields onto a Sharepoint list ??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
makinmyway Can I add a Map It Button to Custom Contact Form? How? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M How do I change the default map from Bing to Google in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 23
K Importing CSV contacts- doesnt allow me to map or move forward V 2007 Using Outlook 1
C bing map Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Business Data Import and Export Load Error Cannot Map BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2