Updating .ics files in OUtlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach H.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am looking for a way to have a calendar that I can put appointments on that others can add that same appointment to their calendar. My hope is that when I make a change to the appointment it would also update anyone else’s calendar that has added it. I can't send out an invitation to everyone because I have no idea who may or may not want to attend these meetings and there are several meetings scheduled.

I was looking at publishing an .ics file to a web page and then posting links to the .ics file. It worked in the sense that people were able to add that appointment to their personal calendar but if I change the appointment that doesn't update it everywhere. Any thoughts?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
the only way the ics will work is if you publish it to office online or another webdav server - simplay uploading it so they can downbload it won't work if you want to update it.

How about sending a meeting request as an attachment and only those who accept will get updates? Use the method outlined here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/calendar/create-a-pick-a-meeting-request/ (but with one meeting)

Status
Not open for further replies.