Newbie, desperately seeking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epanama

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello: I have several issues and the more I search, read, and try... Am getting myself into a lot of trouble. Here is my situation.

• I used to have outlook 2007 with pop3 account.
  • Switch to imap account. Still using calendar and contacts
  • Experiencing problems with sent messages showing in my personal.pst account
  • After reading several articles. Recommendation was to get 2010.
  • Personal pst still showing up in 2010 and creating same iissues
  • after deleting pst. Lost access to calendar and contacts.
  • SO, THIS IS WHERE I DESPERATELY NEED HELP.
  • CAN SOMEONE WALK ME THROUGH SETTING IMAP CORRECTLY, SO I CAN HAVE ACCESS TO CALENDAR AND CONTACTS (need to access calendar from previous years like in a personal .pst format)
  • Do I really need the old .pst since I no longer use it. How can I access my old calendars and contacts

Need help, am so confused ....desperately seeking help

Thank you in advance,

epanama

You need two pst files with IMAP in Outlook 2010 and older. Outlook 2013 lets you use 1 pst file, but I still recommend two so you don't lose your calendar and contacts. (They are stored in 2013's imap .ost file and if you or outlook decides you need a new ost, they are not easily recovered.)

IMAP accounts only store email so a local pst is needed for calendar and contacts. If you mean you have 3 psts - the old POP3, the new imap mail and one for calendar/contacts, you have two options: keep the old pop3 one, delete mail etc from it that you don't need. Set it as default and remove the new pst. Or move/copy the calendar, contacts (and tasks, notes) to the new pst and close the old one.

When you move appointments, use a list view, select all and either drag, right click and drag or use the move to folder command. Select all, and move or drag the other items you want in the new pst.

You need two pst files with IMAP in Outlook 2010 and older. Outlook 2013 lets you use 1 pst file, but I still recommend two so you don't lose your calendar and contacts. (They are stored in 2013's imap .ost file and if you or outlook decides you need a new ost, they are not easily recovered.)

IMAP accounts only store email so a local pst is needed for calendar and contacts. If you mean you have 3 psts - the old POP3, the new imap mail and one for calendar/contacts, you have two options: keep the old pop3 one, delete mail etc from it that you don't need. Set it as default and remove the new pst. Or move/copy the calendar, contacts (and tasks, notes) to the new pst and close the old one.

When you move appointments, use a list view, select all and either drag, right click and drag or use the move to folder command. Select all, and move or drag the other items you want in the new pst.

Thanks, so much for your reply. I did exactly as you suggested… I do see the calendar and my contacts.

So now, i do have 3 pst files…One the company name and another one with the email address of the company with the same duplicated folders and a third one that says archive.

I went to where the files are store and deleted the second duplicate but the file keeps coming back. Anything else, I could try.

I also Notice that my my emails are going to outbox and not on the sent folder of the imap. Should i start all over? is there a way to save my calendars and contacts and begin a new slate

Thanks so much for your help,

Elki

Status
Not open for further replies.