Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Source is my Outlook 365 calendar (Exchange). Within Outlook there is a 2nd Outlook account (IMAP) and I want the contacts and calendar copied/synced from the 1st one.

I am not entirely sure how to proceed. Don't want to mess things up.

"My Calendars" looks like this. Ignore all the entries: they are .pst files of hardly used accounts or archive pst-files.

BTW - within "Shared Calendars" I have only 1 entry (USA). Q: how to get the holidays of other holidays in there?

Thanks!

SnagIt-01052021 093039.png

on the holidays: assuming you want separate folders for each, you'll log into outlook on the web - open calendars then add calendar at the top. Choose holidays from the list and select the ones you want.

if you want all on your default calendar, add thenm in outlook's file > options > calendar > add holidays button.

on syncing with IMAP : IMAP does not have calendars and contact folders that sync with anything, not even the server. The contacts in the exchange box should be available to the IMAP account if it doesn't have 'this computer only' folders in it. if they are not, open the address book, click Tools > options and set it to show the contacts always

Many thanks! The 'holiday' thing is solved, again thanks.
As for Calendars: I have a 365 subscription and within that a second Outlook account linked.

I am deeply... sorry, but I was confused myself and provided wrong information, sorry again, ahum... :oops:

This is the situation, share calendars from the default (1st) with the 3rd entry, also being on Exchange basis.
Does that make any difference?

SnagIt-02052021 151101.png

Although it doesn't make much difference in Outlook desktop if you have both accounts in the profile, but you can share the calendars with the other account, from outlook.com. if you give edit permissions. If you remove one account from outlook desktop, you can edit the shared calendar in outlook if you enable the new calendar experience in File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Double click on the account, click More Settings > Advanced.

You cannot sync the events between the two, other than by using copy and paste or a macro.

Am not sure ... in the 1st screenshot, the 3rd Outlook in that list is the 2nd one on Exchange basis.
Right now the default account is tagged only, of course, but what happens with the calendar in the 1st one if I tag the 2nd one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Newbie Redemption ISafeMailItemPtr question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Newbie get_CurrentItem() question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Newbie needs help with Outlook Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Newbie confusion Using Outlook 0
E Newbie, desperately seeking help Using Outlook 2
S Seperating email accounts, Syncronizing, and a few newbie questions Using Outlook 5
C Newbie import issues Using Outlook 3
J Newbie needs help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A General, how to get started? [kwrds begin start newbie] Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Y Newbie : What is http://schemas.microsoft.com all about? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Question marks in messages Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about reinstalling Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about 2-Step Verification with my gmail Using Outlook 0
D Question on removing an alias Using Outlook 1
D a general question re how backup programs handle pst files ... I have no problems, just curious Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
D.Moore SendAndReceive question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Transport Rule to detect Keyword question.. Exchange Server Administration 2
N Question Using Outlook 8
D Shared Mailbox question Exchange Server Administration 1
CWM030 Another Quarantine question Exchange Server Administration 0
E Outlook 2010 Can somebody tell me , the question associated with OST format Using Outlook 1
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
CWM030 Email Catagorties question Using Outlook 1
MahdeeyaAbdulla Friend's outlook question Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
M Question about nested distribution lists Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A question about installing office 2013 Pro and using my .pst from office 2010 Using Outlook 12
rerun101 Question about message options Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Question: Is there a rule that will save email in Windows Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Question on address book Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
V Question on pop email Using Outlook 2
D a general question regarding data files Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2007 - Email Question - POP3 to IMAP Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Advanced Search Question Using Outlook 1
adaminaus Quick question if i may Using Outlook 4
T Business Projects question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
V question about personal and shared calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
A Basic BCM question about sync to Outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Jeff Rott Diane Question on "Use in a Run a Script Rule" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Custom Forms: Question about retaining form information throughout the entire conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D OST question Exchange Server Administration 5
Mr Mayor Another recurring meeting question Using Outlook 1
V iCloud question Using Outlook 3
J "Specific word in body" question Using Outlook 1
A Newb-ish question Using Outlook 2
A The hardest VBA/Outlook question yet Using Outlook 1